DTC 1676

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTC 1676

I'm getting a DTC 1676 and the check engine light keeps coming on in my Volvo V6 swap. I can't find ANY reference to this trouble code in my FSM. Anyone know what it might be?
    Kelly \'GhoSSt\' Rosato<br />1996 Impala SS, 385ci LT4, 52mm TB, Quad1 headers, !Cats, !EGR, !AIR, Hooker Catback, SLP TC, UK3, UL0, GM CD changer, Onstar®, Homelink® Remote, lots of Fleetwood, Denali & 9C1 Stuff.<br />1998 Z28 Convertable (stock at the moment)<br />1993 Caprice 9C1, 406ci MPFI, overhead console, 8-way Riviera seats, DVD, CD Changer, etc..<br />1977 Volvo w/ 3.8l V6 from a 1998 Firebird

Hi Kelly, hope the projects are going well.

Here's your DTC:
    Drive by Wire-MIL Circ. Electrical Malfunction
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

With DTC 1xxx they are manufacture options as opposed to 0xxx so check what I posted.. that's from an audi list though, it may be different for GM.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Another list tells me DTC P1676 Driver 4 Line 6.

WTF does that mean? lol

Comment

ok.. lets see..
          P1676
          p=powertrain
          1= a GM code (not govt' mandated requierment or sae)
          6= computer and output signals

Sounds right, that audi list is correct, i found the same code in alot of those places..

Now all we need to do is figure out the component number 67 in the computer group..
          :rolleyes:
          and yeah.. thats all i got..
          Totaly agree w/ magnus its the "Driver 4 Line 6"..
          I have no idea what that means, lets do some data mining shall we?

well here
          " 71-65-66 NOV 97 Engine Controls - EVAP DTC's P1665 & P1676 Added "
          that is from alldata as a TSB i dont know what "EVAP" is though..
          http://www.alldata.com/TSB/43/984343FD.html

ahh.. HA! evap..
          here is more on EVAP

"EVAP

Evaporative emissions from the fuel system (fuel vapors) are trapped and store in a charcoal canister. Later, a purge valve opens allowing the vapors to be sucked into the engine and reburned. The EVAP system usually requires no maintenance. The fuel filler cap is also part of the EVAP system, and is designed to keep fuel vapors from escaping into the atmosphere. A leaky or missing fuel filler cap may cause a vehicle to fail an emissions test."

I think it would be wise to check the canister.. Haynes manual will go a long way with testing that system..

or it could also mean
          P1676 ODMD Output 6 Circuit Fault

I dont really now the answer to this..

but hopefully this was helpfull..
          good luck
          ~Bill

Comment

Went to the dealership and had a friend look it up. It is indeed the evap cannister system, since my car doesn't have one. [img]smile.gif[/img] So all I'm getting is the evap, the rear O2, and the EGR. So Once I get those turned off, and the shift/gearing tables corrected for 3.73's I'll be ok I think. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Kelly \'GhoSSt\' Rosato<br />1996 Impala SS, 385ci LT4, 52mm TB, Quad1 headers, !Cats, !EGR, !AIR, Hooker Catback, SLP TC, UK3, UL0, GM CD changer, Onstar®, Homelink® Remote, lots of Fleetwood, Denali & 9C1 Stuff.<br />1998 Z28 Convertable (stock at the moment)<br />1993 Caprice 9C1, 406ci MPFI, overhead console, 8-way Riviera seats, DVD, CD Changer, etc..<br />1977 Volvo w/ 3.8l V6 from a 1998 Firebird

Comment

HAHAHA thats awsome.. thats about the first time I have been right when it comes to making sence of crazy error codes..

They are a pain..

Good luck with the rest of your project

~Bill

Comment

I am still wondering what the means "Driver 4 Line 6"..

I guess a posablity is that its a sensor that is not the same on all cars so maybe that is the sensor lead off of the pcm?? Hmmm

Any ideas?

~Bill

Comment

driver 4 probably refers to a particular driver chip (buffer) on the pcm. since each driver probably has a couple different programmable inputs/outputs, line 6 probably refers to the particular i/o line on the chip. it probably just a handy way to individually identify each of the i/o lines for purpose of the dtc message. of course, other years might reuse this line for other things but its unlikely -- this could lead to confusion about the error code. the line was probably unused since driver chips usually have 8 or more i/o lines. i suspect the pcm designers put quite a few extra lines on the board to allow for this type of expansion. it would expensive to respin the pcm just to add an i/o line.

the evap canister probably has a vacuum sensor on it that says "i do not see vacuum -- oh no the evil gasoline vapors are getting out another way"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X