tranny mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny mount

which tranny mount should i get 1le or the ES mount, my bird is a street/daily driver, and does anyone make engine mounts?

Re: tranny mount

I use the ES mount, I noticed a change in the tone of the car in gerenal from the inside. I suppose it's the stronger vibration. But it really isn't all that bad of a vibration honestly. Very nice solid mount, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
      which tranny mount should i get 1le or the ES mount, my bird is a street/daily driver, and does anyone make engine mounts?

1LE

Do a search, some have gotten rid of the ES in favor of the 1LE.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i got ES i get pretty bad vibrations i dont like it so far im ganna to fix it with the bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE1stcamv6
          i got ES i get pretty bad vibrations i dont like it so far im ganna to fix it with the bushings.
          When you do, could you tell me what kind of bolts to buy so I can do the bushings to mine? I've got the bushings, but the car is the only means of transportation I've got, and it's hard to match up bolts when they're still on the car :P
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
            1LE

Do a search, some have gotten rid of the ES in favor of the 1LE.
            do u have one on your bird? any problems with vibrations? please don't tell me i need to make a spacer for it? and do you know the part number?

Comment

do u have one on your bird? any problems with vibrations? please don't tell me i need to make a spacer for it? and do you know the part number?
              I will be installing a 1LE in a couple of weeks, HOPEFULLY without a spacer. If you use the stock cross-member you WILL need a spacer. If my plan works I'll of course post my solution, but not until I've tried it.

1LE trans mount GM p/n 22201140

Raven

Comment

I will be installing a 1LE in a couple of weeks, HOPEFULLY without a spacer. If you use the stock cross-member you WILL need a spacer. If my plan works I'll of course post my solution, but not until I've tried it.

1LE trans mount GM p/n 22201140
                wtf!! y does everything need a spacer? yah hopefully your plan works

Comment

wtf!! y does everything need a spacer? yah hopefully your plan works
                  this is because the 1LE was designed to work with a v8 cross memeber and trans, it was never meant for our rides therefore your trans will sit 1/2 an inch lower than stock which WILL cause an increase in vibration which can translate into a loss of power to the ground. I know when I finally broke down and put in a spacer, (I think i was the first one to try it, not sure) vibration on acceleration and at certain RPMs went away instantly, the car also just seemed to accelerate easier.

Now when we talk spacers I like the way I did mine, while it may put a little more strain on the cross-member bolt I don't think it was significant enough to cause real problems. But I will say I'd love to have the time to try to use a spacer at the trans bolts just to see if there is a difference in how much my shifter moves around during acceleration and over bumps in the road. My only fear in adding spacers at that point is whether it could change the stresses on the aluminum trans case.

Either way I'm not running any power adders other than intake and exhaust and on a car with 110k miles I just don't see me putting out the kind of torque required to do much damage.
                  I will say this though I drive my car very very very hard and I still haven't seen any signs of it from the car other than some premature tire wear.
                  -Brad
                  98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                  2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                  If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                  :rock:

Comment

I will be installing a 1LE in a couple of weeks, HOPEFULLY without a spacer. If my plan works I'll of course post my solution, but not until I've tried it.

It WORKED perfectly!! 1LE mount installed WITHOUT a spacer!

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82562
                    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 07-31-2007, 02:03 PM.

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X