why is every 93-97 camaro hood awful? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is every 93-97 camaro hood awful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is every 93-97 camaro hood awful?

while i dont hate the stock hood, its a little boring. it has the perfect lines in it to break up what would otherwise be a flat hood. the "scoops" trail along the hood and follow the fenders into the headlights, etc.

the ss hood is the only other decent looking hood. the scoop is the right size, doesnt look goofy, and is genuinely functional. the only problem i have with it is that wherever the scoop isnt, its just this giant flat hood. doesnt do anything with the fenders, headlights, nothing. it makes the car loose a lot of definition.

now the aftermarket hoods, good lord.

that big block corvette stingray hood is hideous. it has no lines that flow with the car, and just looks like someone took a **** on your hood.

the "double vision" 98+ ws6 t/a style hood looks like you have some kind of identity crisis. while halfway decent on a 98+ camaro, the 93-97 just looks tacked on and awufl.

Last edited by notsonic; 06-12-2008, 12:25 PM.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Re: why is every 93-97 camaro hood awful?

the harwood cowl hood isnt totally **** but i dunno. either everyone who owns one is a retard with a camera, or it just has some terrible angles. the front of the cowl matches wtih nothing on the front bumper. but if it was wider to the headlights, it would just look ridiculous.

the harwood scoop, again i think theyre all retarded with a camera. overall its too big and the harsh lines dont exist anywhere else on the car.

the sunoco one is just ridiculous. it looks great on the 98+ but the lines dont exist on the 93-97 bumper. again it just stops abruptly at the bumper rather than flowing into it.

any hood that takes another hood and just makes it bigger is also awful, case in point the giant ss hood from vfn

<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

the vfn cowl hood looks like they copy/pasted an old school cowl on your stock hood. while it keeps the lines i like from the stock scoops, it just looks like someone **** on your stock hood

the ultra-z is ok, but whats with that center line? how did that happen? the scoop works since its open at the bumper rather than trying to flow into it. still there arent many decent pictures of this one either.

the 93-97 ws6 style hood just looks odd. the double nostril look has no place on a camaro

theres also this cowl hood, again the cowl doesnt match the car at all, and then the rest of the hood is a vast flat empty sea of boring

Comment

the dgmotorsports ZL1 style hood is ok, its like the ss but ****tier.

then theres the 98+ style ss. which isnt total **** but the original looks better.

i just found this thing. take a cowl that doesnt match up, slap on an awful looking ss scoop and there you go. its like pukin on a pile of ****.

this hood. this one almost got it right. its the vis cf cowl hood. the cowl is the right size. but the edges are harsh lines that look more at home on a 99+ stang than the camaro. the center line fits good. but the way the edge of the cowl hits the bumper doesnt really flow at all. add to that what looks like ****ty ****ty fitment and suggested/required hoodpins and you just lost everything that was good about it.

i THINK thats all of em.

Comment

well if your itching to spend some money you could do a 98+ front end conversion and then go with a cowl hood which i think look really intimidating.

You are right though, lots of ugly hoods for camaro. im glad I have a firebird :)
          Last edited by V6Muscle09; 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

i want a normal cowl hood like this one or this one

those other hoods dont look right. sorry
            Attached Files

Comment

how long did it take you to type that whole thing out????

I think plenty of those look good (as good as a 93-97 camaro can look...), so my .02 would be for you to !stickfromass
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                how long did it take you to type that whole thing out????

I think plenty of those look good (as good as a 93-97 camaro can look...), so my .02 would be for you to !stickfromass
                I was thinking almost the same exact thing.. my other thought is that if it is believed all of the current hoods/cowls are *hitty, there is obviously room in the market for improvement. Go ahead and order some fiberglas and molding supplies and have at it.

Rick

Comment

it really only took about 10 mins to compile the list. ive been looking around for a hood for the past few days, and i've always been looking on and off anyway.

theyre not all totally ****, and a lot of my dislike is exaggerated. but, i feel like unless you stick with stock or get the ss, its like choosing the least bad looking hood, rather than the best looking.

every single design has some flaw to it. i think its partly due to the fenders and stock bumper lines that dont offer too much to mess with. the 98+ front end gives a lot more obvious lines to follow.

if you try to extend a scoop or cowl to the headlights, it looks big and ridiculous. but if you dont, then it doesnt flow at all since the bumper is flat. the ss works since its set so far back from the bumper, but still leaves flat areas along the fenders.

the one hood that has the cowl inbetween the stock vents is an interesting design, but just doesnt work. id like to see some other hoods following the outside lines of the stock's scoops.

i think a lot of the hoods can look better with stripes or the right paint job since it can add lines for the hood to follow that arent there on the bumper/fenders.

Comment

buy a ricer* :slap:or a stormin norman hood*
                    Last edited by ironranger; 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM. Reason: add on
                    my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

i deffinately do not share your very tight-hole opinion of the 93-97 front end...a 93-97 w/ SS hood is one of the best looking bodys i've ever seen...very beautiful cars IMO...

Comment

Those are pretty accurate to how i would rate all of those hoods.
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Wow what a thread, haha the 98+ conversion is what i'm doing and I'm sticking with a stock hood for now. The 93 - 97 looks good but the 98 - 02 style camaros look more aggressive to me, so thats what I go with. I also agree with RickS when he said to get some fiberglass and molding and have at it, Buy you a junker's hood and customize it to your liking.

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
                            i deffinately do not share your very tight-hole opinion of the 93-97 front end...a 93-97 w/ SS hood is one of the best looking bodys i've ever seen...very beautiful cars IMO...
                            hey i like the stock and ss. :p

besides i drive one every day. i probably should have pointed that out.

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
                              hey i like the stock and ss. :p

besides i drive one every day. i probably should have pointed that out.
                              yea, that woulda been kool lol, i thought you were just bashing for the **** of it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X