automatic window channel problem quick fix - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

automatic window channel problem quick fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic window channel problem quick fix

hi im new to the forum and this is my first post. i figured i would use my first post as something useful. i just bought my car and found there was a problem with my drivers side window where when putting it up it would move back and forth and not stay in place. i researched it a little bit and found that in order to fix it you must replace the whole metal piece where the channel is. i took some time and figured out a quick free fix and decided i should share it. upon inspecting the problem i found there is a plastic hook on the bottom of the window that hooks onto a plastic tab on the door which no longer meet because of how the window is hanging. seeing this i removed the speaker to gain access behind the window and took a piece of styrofoam padding and cut it to match the spot behind the window where the hook is and glued it in to push the bottom of the window inward so the hook meets with the tab. the window now closes correctly and does not leak any air and i can close my door without being afraid of breaking the window. i hope this quick fix can help someone with the same problem.
    Attached Files

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
    Had to get another phone
    by ssms5411
    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
    1 week ago
  • ssms5411
    Leaking front cover
    by ssms5411
    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
    2 weeks ago
  • transamtom1
    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
    by transamtom1
    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X