Electric door gone again 4th time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric door gone again 4th time

I have replaced the drivers door electric motor three times at least. Its died again....I would like to get it to go up another 4 inches so it will be totally closed until I get it fixed. Anyone know any trick I can use to get it to go up?
    This is a 2000 Camaro.
    Phil

Re: Electric door gone again 4th time

Probe it

Comment

"probe it" thanks for all the details.
      Phil

Comment

God I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read this. No offense intended.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Have someone push the button as you pull the window up. Not really much else to do. Swap to manual windows.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

The only trick is to remove the motor, pull the window up by hand, and reinstall the motor. Of course this would be double work, but if you can't replace the motor at this time, that is the only choice.

Comment

Same thing happened to me when I replaced my MOTORS { yep both sides} I cheaped out and didn't buy the window regulators. The second time I got to do it I went with new window regulators and motors. That fixed everything the way I wish I would have done the first time. Once you get the door panel off and factory rivets drilled out it's not too hard to do but have to admit the first time wasn't a walk in the park.

Comment

"window regulators" are these the parts that attach to the window and the motor?
                Phil

Comment

The regulators are the part the power motors bolt to. The motor gives the regulator the power to move the window up or down. The regulator is what gets old and worn out which in turn burns up the motor. Cheap gm plastic "bearings" just wear out.When I redid them the second time with both new motors and regulators it was like wow. They worked like new and will till the new regulators plastic bearings go bad. Cool thing is they have lifetime warrenty on both from O'riellys.! year later still working great.

Comment

4.19.14 Yesterday, the window went up about 3 inches by itself. I tried it and now it works but I am afraid to think everything is okay. Any ideas why after 3 weeks it decided to work again...on its own?
                    Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X