Which Intake is this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Intake is this.

I just purchased a 93 V6 Camaro and I live in Sydney Australia and these cars are not plentiful down here, especially a V6, so I need help, I think the intake is a 98, the engine itself matches the Vin, so that should still be 3.4 litre, the seats have 30th Anniversary embossed in them, what have I got? please see pics.
    Attached Files

Re: Which Intake is this.

its a 3.8, never seen one setup like that before

Comment

That's a pre 99+ upper and lower, but it looks like somebody used a non standard throttle body. Perhaps one off of another non f-body 3.8 car. Looks like that car was a 3.4 judging by the horribly dismembered wiring harness on the left in that picture and the diagrams on the radiator support, etc... Actually the more I look at it I think that actually may be the throttle body off of the 3.4.
      Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM.
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Must be difficult to drive a left hand drive on roads designed for right hand drive.
        Phil

Comment

It's actually right hand drive, there is a Toyota steering box on the end of the steering shaft connected by a uni to another steering box going to the steering wheel, that way the engine bay is uncut and steering geometry stays original, the worse part is the catalyctic converter hump is on the drivers side.

Comment

You moved the instrument panel to the other side of the car? Nassau's roads drive on the left but all the cars are left hand drive...go figure.
            Phil

Comment

The conversion was done in 98. I also own a 74 Formula Firebird and a 66 GTO both Right hand drive, nowadays you can leave them LHD when they are 30 years old.

Comment

Franky, if it bothers you, you could get your hands on an intake from I believe a VN Holden V6 and use that instead. There are some of the intakes that are taller, but not sure which. More than likely I'll have to space the k-member or modify the mounts for mine to fit.

98 and earlier on the left, holden on the right.

Comment

My only concern was for maintenance, we are driving to Melbourne, around a 10 hour drive for a Chev Festival and I would like to take a spare belt etc. A Mechanic here would just scratch his head, looks like a 98 + belt right? Attached pic. shows RHD.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Try again
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, belt length should be just fine. You're gonna have a lot of other parts that you can cross reference with the V6's over there. I believe they're known as Holden Ecotec V6's.

Comment

I did own a 1990 VN Commodore, traded it in with over 280 thousand Kilometres, wasn't using a drop of oil or water, we now have a 99 VT with a 3.8 and again excellent, my work vehicle is a 05 VZ Crewman a 4 door ute with the Alloytec V6 3.6 litre, a bit sluggish, but great for work.

Comment

We are back from Melbourne, over 2200kms driven and it didn't miss a beat and we used half the fuel of our fellow travelers, what a great car.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X