Is their a turbo or supercharger kit for my 96 Camaro 3.8 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their a turbo or supercharger kit for my 96 Camaro 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is their a turbo or supercharger kit for my 96 Camaro 3.8

Hey just wondering if their is a produced turbo or supercharger kit for my 96 camaro 3.8?

Re: Is their a turbo or supercharger kit for my 96 Camaro 3.8

Nope, not an of-the-shelf kit.

Gotta fab it up yourself or have someone fab one for you.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

there was a turbo kit made by fff but i think you would have to find it used now, and then i believe there used to be a procharger system for our cars, but that isnt made any longer to my knowledge and really havent heard much good about it anyhow. best thing to do is what was just posted by shodown...make your own turbo or have someone do it for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
        there was a turbo kit made by fff but i think you would have to find it used now, and then i believe there used to be a procharger system for our cars, but that isnt made any longer to my knowledge and really havent heard much good about it anyhow. best thing to do is what was just posted by shodown...make your own turbo or have someone do it for you.
        There never was a procharger for the camaro 3.8's.

However the LT1 Prochargers could be fabbed up to fit our cars.

Comment

my friend that i bought my car from was just going thru his collection of car mags & came across an old RK SPORT catalog ('06) with a centrifuge style supercharger kit in it for the camaro/firebird 3.8l v6 made by POWERDYNE-apparently no longer available as a kit from rk, but you might be able to contact them & peice one together yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
            There never was a procharger for the camaro 3.8's.

However the LT1 Prochargers could be fabbed up to fit our cars.
            that is false about never having a procharger kit for our cars. MACH performance in Michigan made the 3.8 procharger kits. They sold 10 beta ones to start out and then they never followed up with advertising them so it never took off. They were pricey however. Contact them and see if they have some more around for ya or they can make one for ya.

To the OP, keep an eye out on the forums for someone selling a used powerdyne kit or turbo kit. They come up from time to time
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I may have some stuff up for sale. I havent decided yet if I want to continue with this car or not (everything that cna goo wrong, does and has). I have about 1k in body damage now as it sits on jackstands. All this after all the money I just poured into all the new crap I just bought this year
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

yeah i meant powerdyne at first but had seen that at one point the procharger kit was in talks. either way im right lol. i would imagine unless you find a fff turbo kit the best results would be seen with a custom turbo, and if you know someone who can help with piping can get it done reasonably priced from what i understand
                sigpic

Comment

it's not too bad, just find someone who can do a great job fabbing some pipes
                  Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by v6mOtOrhEAdftOp View Post
                    it's not too bad, just find someone who can do a great job fabbing some pipes
                    X2 I just diagramed mine out and cut & tacked it with my welder, than had the exhaust shop guys weld it. So far they have done a oustanding job so far. I then spray them with about 3 coats of 2000 degree heat coating. 2 more stops and the whole hot side is done maybe 1 stop if I can get them cut & tacked up.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      X2 I just diagramed mine out and cut & tacked it with my welder, than had the exhaust shop guys weld it. So far they have done a oustanding job so far. I then spray them with about 3 coats of 2000 degree heat coating. 2 more stops and the whole hot side is done maybe 1 stop if I can get them cut & tacked up.
                      how much do you think you will have invested in the whole project once youre finished?
                      sigpic

Comment

About $4500 thats with some extra stuff methanol kit($300), Aueroforce scan gauge$220), EGT kit , 65lb injectors($330), and custom Y pipe(($160) and downpipe($180). If on budget you could do it for $3000 easy with a lower budget turbo. The GT35R was about $1300 , through a wholesaler, normal price would of been $1600-$1700.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

holy crap thats an expensive project lol. hope it all works out good for you! will be sick when youre done. i dont think im dumping that much money again into the six. if i dump a ton of money into my car again its going to be an ls1 setup. i put a ton into the six build and still dont have it running like it should be. its been pissing me off
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X