Damn VATS... :-/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn VATS... :-/

Well its official. My VATS is loosing its damn mind. Few times a week I go to start the car and nothing... Security light stays on. Have to reset the PCM and clean the key. Then a few days later, all over again. Either the Resistor in the key is out of Ohms specs or the lock cylinder is busted. Scanned the key and found out what key it is so.. I guess I am gonna order the new cylinder and keys. Anyone else have issues with their systems???

Yes.
    I bypassed mine years ago.
    I bought a chip on eBay and bypassed the whole thing.

Comment

Re: Damn VATS... :-/

Nice. I just ordered a replacement kit that comes with new keys and ignition cylinder. I was going to bypass but it does make the car easier to steal so... I figured I may as well repair it properly. LoL

Comment

Cool. Sounds good.
        Let us know how it turns out.
        Mine was too far gone to repair.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X