• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

very interesting read, pmed ya gutlass

Comment

I'd love to do just the L67 swap. Full headers, exhaust. Z28 rear diff with 4.10's and maybe a Manuel swap. I'd be satisfied with my car...

Comment

Ive been daily driving the car all summer. Been out of town working and with little to no garage support and its been fine. I had to turn some exhaust clamps because it bottomed out in parking lots sometimes and moved a bracket to get the exhaust from not hitting the floor.

Ive done a few things here and there. Put on a vibrant resonator because the thing droned pretty bad at 70+. It took a ton of noise out and all the rasp. Its a LOT better. Also found an aluminum driveshaft so I pulled the stock 2 piece steel one and swapped it.

Been knocking down 23 MPG highway and 18 city. Not great but not bad.

Done with work Wednesday so im driving the 10 hours home and swapping the walbro Thursday. Switch to corn, throw a 2.8 pulley on and take it to the track at the end of the month.

Comment

So I cut the trap door out!

Swapped the 255 in

And closed it back up.

Holds 45 PSI great now. Used to drop under 35 on full boost near shifts.

Comment

And now the fuel level guage doesnt work. Hmmph.

Got a 2.8 pulley on today. Rolled in and got 10PSI and 2-3 degrees of KR. Had 87 in it. Car ran 6 PSI on the 3.4" pulley and never had KR on 87. Going to get e50 in after i run the 87 out of it and get the fuel level sendor figured out. Making progress!

Comment

Glad your making progress.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got the fuel level sensor fixed. Got the car switch to E50 and swapped the pulley. Went from 6 PSI to 12. HPT claims it picked up 100 ftlbs at the crank, from 320 to 420. I need to do some tuning and add another 5 degrees of timing and take it to the track. MAF says its flowing 47.5 lb/min of air, up from 40 lb/min.

Also weighed the car in at 3440lbs.

Comment

Ran a 13.26 at 101 with a 1.76 60ft. It was 80-85 out with high dew point. Probably going to run it again one last time this fall and shoot for a high 12 with better weather and more timing.

Comment

Congrats on the time. Hope you get 12's.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It was diggin pretty good. 1.75 60fts.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps1ixsxgek.jpg

Comment

Got me a 12 second V6 firebird, happy with that! Ran a 12.92 at 105.

Switched to E85 and bumped the timing up to 18 degrees. Got KR at 20 degrees.

Ran it again this weekend in 70 degree weather and a light tailwind. Track conditions were less than stellar. I cut one 1.85 60ft but otherwise was 1.90 to 2.00. Prep was minimal. Was getting 1.75 last time I ran. I tried rolling into it and it was no better.

I wanted to bump the boost up just a tad so I ordered a 2.6" pulley. Built a disk to hold a boring bar and turned the snout down.

Good news the 2.6 fits great and makes 14 PSI. Bad news is I forgot it at home so I ran the 2.8"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgVNRFUrb6Y

Comment

Congrats on your time there. You've broke into the 12.

Comment

Makes me want to do a supercharger.

Comment

Congratulations on your success!!!
                              How is the 4l60e holding up to the torque level? Have you done anything to beef it up?
                              That has been a concern for me in the search for more power. The aftermarket ones are around $2100.00 for hi hp applications.
                              Again Congratulations!!!

Comment

Thanks!

4l60e has been holding in like a champ! Ive personally put 30K miles on the car with the SC and no problems. I think I changed the trans fluid when I first got the car and since nothing besides topping it off after pulling the motor.

Im assuming factory trans with almost 170K miles. HP tuners says it peaks at about 410 ftlbs at the crank.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X