X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your Sound System here!

Here's mine:

Pictured:
    Amp is Kicker 08ZX700.5 (85w x 4 + 420w x1 @ 2ohms)
    Sub is Kicker Comp VR 12" dual vc 4 ohm
    Boss 3 Farad cap

Not pictured:
    Fosgate P1 3-ways (x4) in the doors and rear seat panels
    Kicker KS25 aluminum dome tweeters in the cargo panels
    Boss 3-way electronic x-over (cheap but works pretty good.)
    Sony X-Plod Headunit - HD, cd, mp3/wma, usb

Picture of Fat Mat I put down throughout car:

That was a lot of work.

Comment

i have a huge system and doing sound deadening is one thing i didnt do and i even gutted the whole car and didnt do it lol...there soo much deadening type stuff out there now i didnt even know what to go with then..but maybe i will do it for spring...how good is that fat mat and how much did it cost to do the whole car?

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
        i have a huge system and doing sound deadening is one thing i didnt do and i even gutted the whole car and didnt do it lol...there soo much deadening type stuff out there now i didnt even know what to go with then..but maybe i will do it for spring...how good is that fat mat and how much did it cost to do the whole car?
        I think it was $130 for 100 square feet, which was enough to do the whole care. It definately made a big difference in the the road noise. It wont make your stereo any louder, it just helps to kill ambient noise. Dynomat is probably a little better, but I think it's like twice the price. If you do mat your car, make sure you clean all surfaces really good first ( I used 409 and a lot of paper towels.) And apply the mat in warm weather, so it sticks better. Be patient with it, it took me and my friend two whole days to finish it. Also, buy an extra roller, the one that comes with the Fatmat was pretty cheap, and broke on us. Good luck!

Fatmat web site: www.fatmat.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          Pioneer 7800mp receiver
          6.5" stock bose door speakers
          6.5" pioneer 2-ways in the sails (don't remember model #)
          10" 11kv.2 Elemental Designs sub in
          Subthump 10" Stealth enclosure
          Kicker KX350(or something) amp

no pics of the headunit, but it's the best looking part
          that's a sweet set up! How does it sound? Thnx Sean...

Comment

Does anyone know a plug and play radio that will fit the space that the Monsoon occupies that also has amps built in and does not require an external amp and has Sirius Radio??? I have a 2000 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
              Does anyone know a plug and play radio that will fit the space that the Monsoon occupies that also has amps built in and does not require an external amp and has Sirius Radio??? I have a 2000 Camaro
              Thats going to be tough to find with a internal amp.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am looking for the same thing but I would want
                Sirius radio built in....this is the problem with a sixteeen year old car.

Comment

2019 Camaro RS

(2) 10” kicker comp q
                  kicker cx1800.1 on the subs
                  kicker cx340.4 on the factory Bose speakers
                  custom box has to be made in 2 boxes
                  the signal processor/LOC was by far the most expensive thing ($600) but well worth the money. Not sure if I actually “needed” what the guy sold me, but I like it. Let me use the factory head unit while retaining all factory chimes and dings. The bass selection on the factory stereo now acts as a bass knob for the sub amp.

with the ridiculous supply issues going on right now, I couldn’t get the LEDs installed around the box or the plexi and LEDs to replace the factory trunk floor where the amps are. When they come in I’ll take it back in and have them installed. Next up... exhaust.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That’s a pretty clean install. Looks like it still allows for quite a bit of trunk space too...

What would you put the plexi glass over? The speakers? Wouldn’t that change the bass some?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I guess it won’t be plexiglass actually, it’s acrylic. But it will replace the floor panel in open part between the subs and the back of the trunk

Comment

Looks good, I like the Alpine type Xs , I have 2 10”s in my Camaro sound great. Use to have 2 12” Kicker solo barics they were pretty crazy loud. That Kicker amp should be good for the Comp 10s.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Fitwithg View Post
                          I guess it won’t be plexiglass actually, it’s acrylic. But it will replace the floor panel in open part between the subs and the back of the trunk
                          I am curious to see the end result once everything is sorted!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X