No announcement yet.

RAGE'S transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys btw could yall tell me what I would need aside from parts such as gasket sealants, lubes, thread lock? Lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

If your doing ARP headstuds you'll need thread sealant. For the lower intake you'll need some gasket sealant(ZZP sells tubes of sealant). I think thats about it, I didn't use any thread lock on any bolts when it was put back together just use new bolts for the TTY bolts and you should be good. Unless someone else has some info.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 04-07-2014, 01:32 AM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Yea i just read up on the differences between them and i will go with the studs also So I've been reading up on rocker arm ratios and such and it makes a difference with the lobe lift of the cam if you go from a 1.5 to a1.6 the duration is longer and also the rods will not be centerd (if that makes sense) along with that I looked at solid lifter vs a roller . And I like roller lifters over solid. Since with bigger cams they work beter with and don't damage the cam or the lifters them selfs.

After that I looked at what headers could do and it amazing whay just the lenght of primary tubes could do. Depending on the lengths of them the torque curve could mature before or after your peak rmp and also colector lenght can determine how flat I belive the torque curve is.

And in the end I also learned how to mesure push rod length with solid or hydrologic lifters. Oh and indexing spark plugs too :)

Everything had an equation to it so now I can try it once I have all of my parts lol can't wait

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X