A/C issues on long drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C issues on long drives

My A/C produces works fine when driving around town, but I having issues during drives over an hour. It starts out producing air and then air will not be coming out of the vents. The blower sound like it is running though. If i turn the blower off for a few minutes and then turn it back on, the air will start working again for a short time. Is this an issue with the Blower Motor Relay?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2000 Camaro V6 3.8L
    Last edited by jtaylormade05; 04-08-2014, 04:35 PM.

Re: A/C issues on long drives

Sounds like the evaporator is freezing up. The charge being low or the evaporator being dirty as some other things can cause this.
    sigpic

Comment

he said the air stops coming out of the vents. so from how i read it, it would be blower related. When i first read it, i thought it was freezing over also.

Comment

Last time I checked the evaporator was in the airstream from the blower. If it freezes up it stops air from coming out the vents.
        sigpic

Comment

ooooh

Comment

Additional information. It recently did it again and i pulled the car over right away. The Accumulator was frozen over. Not sure if this changes anyones analysis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X