No rear disk brake pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No rear disk brake pressure

I had the front K member out on my car so I had to bleed the brakes when I put it back in.

I changed the passenger rear caliper before anything since it looked like it was leaking, turns out it was a axle seal, go figgure.

My problem now is I am getting zero pressure to my rear calipers. My brake light on the dash is on. Pedal is really firm and fronts work great. Is there something in the ABS system that is cutting pressure off to the back calipers? When I bled the brakes on the rear I had decent flow.

Car is a 97 firebird running stock ABS with disks on the back and 98+ LS fronts.

I know I could ditch the ABS and run a manual proportionary valve but I have the chance of winter driving it and need to keep ABS.

Re: No rear disk brake pressure

I always reverse bleed all my stuff, it's so much easier and I've never ran into the problem you are having. Not to say it doesn't have something to do with the abs but I am saying if you reverse bleed problem solved. I fill the master from rear of car using a pump with a tee that sucks out of the bottle. When the rear part of the master starts taking on fluid I stop. Then I do 1 at a time starting with passenger rear then driver rear. Fronts same way same order. I just use a cheapo harbor freight a/c pump. It works really well when replacing all the clutch stuff too.

Comment

Re: No rear disk brake pressure

I vacuum bled at the calipers and it fixed it. My vacuum pump i bought for testing chope pulloffs had a resovior and attachments for brake bleeding and never used them. Never had issues with bleeding brakes before. Im assuming it air locked the ABS module or something. Wouldnt bleed out via pressure but the low pressure bleeding worked!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        6 hours ago
      • ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X