L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

LS1 converter still doesn't work with 3800 4L60E input shaft. You can get a converter for a 4 cyl S10 for about 100 bucks they stall around 3200 behind the 3800. I had a thread with the dacco part number in it here somewhere.
    sigpic

Comment

You got me interested so I went looking for it.

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
      I have the Dacco part # B24 HBCD in my car. Its a stock rebuilt converter but stalls at 3200. The best part is it's $89 at most transmission parts suppliers. The stock replacement Dacco part # is B24 HLHD. The difference in the part numbers are the stall code. On a regular radial tire you can smoke them at will. My best 60' has been a 1.87 on a 275 drag radial with 3.73's. The RPM doesn't drop below 4200 even with the shifts moved down to 5300 from the much higher stock shift points. That converter is comes stock in 4cyl 4x4 s-10 trucks.
      You think it would need a tune for it?

Comment

What I meant is that they use that wierd small converter from the research ive done. Bolt pattern is different from the 'full size' LS converter or LT1 converter. LS's use a 12.5" and 3800's use a 10".

What years do I need to look for for that converter? Just anything OBD2 4l60 (assuming 98-06ish? I need to look for the HBDC converter and not the HLHD correct? HLHD is the stock replacement 3800 converter?

Theres a $85 one on Ebay so it looks like I might go that way. They rate them to 2400, and a trans shop rates it to 2000 so it just happens to stall at 3200 I take it since its such a stronger motor?
        Last edited by Gutless; 05-07-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Did some research and found what I needed. Internet is an awesome thing. Looks like im going the HBCD route! 3200 stall for $130!

Comment

When I had that converter in my sons 96 we didn't tune a thing and it was fine. By the time I put one in my 98 I had HPT so I was changing lock up settings to my likings.

The HBCD converter is the higher stall one. There is another one that stalls as high with different converter clutch material for the 2001 and 2002 cars.

I currently have a Precision Industries 3700 stall in my 98.
            sigpic

Comment

Your going to need good drag tires!
              sigpic

Comment

Ive got 275/50/15 Hoosier Drag radials so im good there! I dont think my old 90's Eagle GSC 255/55/17 street tires will last long though since it was already a spin machine and im throwing 1000 more stall RPM at it and another 75+hp

10 bolt destruction may be coming soon....

Comment

I have 1.62 60' times on my 10 bolt. Don't think it will last very long like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha that 10 bolt of yours is living on borrowed time. I believe I have found what I want for my Camaro first after the chicken has its 3400 in and running. Maybe I'll get one for it too while its out.

I found this while doing more research on the stalls:
                    B24-HBFD 99-02 v6
                    B24-HBCD 93-98 v6

It was on this site, but I'd have to search again for the source.

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
                      Ha that 10 bolt of yours is living on borrowed time. I believe I have found what I want for my Camaro first after the chicken has its 3400 in and running. Maybe I'll get one for it too while its out.

I found this while doing more research on the stalls:
                      B24-HBFD 99-02 v6
                      B24-HBCD 93-98 v6

It was on this site, but I'd have to search again for the source.

The only difference is the clutch material.
                      sigpic

Comment

Getting closer

Comment

What all are you doing to it?
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Valve job on the heads and a little bit of pocket work, LS6 valvesprings (free!), Intense S1X blower cam, new bearings, rings, gaskets, honed. 60lb injectors, home made fuel rails, pacesetters. Getting it running on gas and going over to corn. 2.8" pulley (or smaller) timing, stall later this summer probably.

Daily driven year round through MN/ND winters, mid 12's.

Comment

Its back together. Need a few hours of misc work before it goes in, mostly wiring and converter bolts. Fuel rails is just -6 extrusion from http://www.rossmachineracing.com/dash6.html that I threw on a mill. Used a 3/4" endmill and cut an 8 degree notch every 4.25". Then I went .300" deep with a 14MM endmill, and then drilled a 1/4" feed hole. Chamfer the entry, cut to length. Tap ends with a 9/16-18, used -6 ORB hydraulic fittings since I hate blue/red AN stuff and hydro stuff is easy to get. Then brackets got built, drilled some holes, put in some #10 cap screws, tapped, assembled, done.

REAL close. The plug is turned down and the threads overlap the feed hole just a bit but 1/4" is more than enough to feed 1 injector. It cant get any shorter.

Had to trim part of the dust shield off the alt, fitting hit it and it couldnt go shorter

Comment

[URL=http://s15.photobucket.com/user/jacoblarson/media/97%20F-bird/picture008_zpse8bf7dc6.jpg.html]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X