Lost my ground effects????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my ground effects????

:wavey:Hello to everybody thanks for letting me be a member:-) I have a 01 Firebird convertible I wanted this car so bad back in the day and I couldn't believe it when I actually found one and with only23,000 miles on her. Anyways I was walking to my car after the ball game and I noticed that my passenger side front ground effect was gone it really looks bad and I can't seem to find one so you guys are the pro please help my car looks lop sided lol.....here is a picture of it before I lost it I have a pic on my phone of it missing will send that in a minute. If anybody has one I sure would like to buy it from ya:-)
    Attached Files

Re: Lost my ground effects????

Trying to send pic again
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place for information on just about everything there is to know about the 4th gen F-Body.

Your pics are coming up as errors for me, but your best bet is probably ebay for those front ground effects. They're pretty hard to come by, but pop up on ebay every once in a while. Or try you local junk/salvage yard.
      aka FreedStyle
      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Yeah I can't view them either, I would try ebay also, or you might have to buy the complete set again.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Those ground effects are terrible for not staying in place. They are a hard to find piece. You'd be lucky if you find one at the junkyard, but I'll keep an eye out for you if I find one.

Comment

When I have seen one on the rare occasion on eBay they run about $250 - $300.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The ground effects hardware, is in my view, deliberately made so that is you do something dumb - like hit a curb or go a little too aggressively on unpaved roads (thinking you are Burt Reynolds in Smokey & the Bandit) - the ground effects hardware will break loose - but keep you from incurring worse damage. It is a simple matte of checking on the GFX every so often to be sure things are not loose.

At least, that is the experience of this redneck who has taken his Firebird on numerous unpaved adventures and slammed into one too many high curbs.

Yes, it does mean you have to keep checking to see what minor parts are loose.

As far as finding a replacement part - Robert is right, as usual - they tend to be expensive. Keep checking ebay and one should turn up.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X