Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk on the Bimmer won't open

Anybody here familiar with Bimmers?

The trunk just won't open. Battery which is located inside the trunk is fine. I can hit the unlock button from the key and I hear it unlocking and the same thing goes when I insert the key and turn it, but it still won't open.

I figure there's something wrong with the lock actuator. But I can't do anything with it because I can't open it. I also have no way of accessing the trunk from the back of the interior.

Any advise would be appreciated guys.

Re: Trunk on the Bimmer won't open

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Anybody here familiar with Bimmers?

The trunk just won't open. Battery which is located inside the trunk is fine. I can hit the unlock button from the key and I hear it unlocking and the same thing goes when I insert the key and turn it, but it still won't open.

I figure there's something wrong with the lock actuator. But I can't do anything with it because I can't open it. I also have no way of accessing the trunk from the back of the interior.

Any advise would be appreciated guys.
    what year and make? sounds like the actuator or maybe the release is jammed up. ive heard that the grease they use to lube it all is thick as hell and gums up on beemers so you might want to try and wipe it all down and lube it with something else when you get it open. as to getting it open, i have no idea lol, there has to be a way to pull the back seats out to get to it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Re: Trunk on the Bimmer won't open

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
      what year and make? sounds like the actuator or maybe the release is jammed up. ive heard that the grease they use to lube it all is thick as hell and gums up on beemers so you might want to try and wipe it all down and lube it with something else when you get it open. as to getting it open, i have no idea lol, there has to be a way to pull the back seats out to get to it.
      It's an '03 Z3 Roadster. I just read that people tend to drill a hole where the emblem would be at the back and unlatch it from there. I guess I have no choice but do that.

Definitely will check all that stuff you said once I get it opened.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X