information requested on m90 in camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

information requested on m90 in camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information requested on m90 in camaro

Hello, I will be performing an L67 top swap on my L36 camaro in a little over a month, but to properly prepare for this, I have some questions needing answered, as well as hopefully pictures to help me judge and prepare for as much as possible before I actually do the swap.
    The biggest things I would like to know are:
    1. Could someone please post pictures here or email them to me of the side rear of the supercharger in a camaro so that I can try to determine what I am going to do to modify the supercharger housing? I would like pictures of where your housing was modified, the piping that was used, and a picture of the rear of your U pipe and how much clearance it has to the firewall.
    2. Pics or info regarding the rear water neck, and what you did to modify or bring it away from the firewall. (Has anyone found a water neck off another engine that faces the right way? Or does anyone know if a aftermarket company makes water necks to fit or swiveling ones that I can reposition the outlet?)
    3. As far as the belt and pulley setup goes, when I replace the crank pulley and replace the islets with the sets for the second belt, will I still use the same L36 belt, or will a longer or shorter one be required?

Any other info that you guys think I should know to do this top swap are greatly appreciated. I know I have to lengthen the MAP, I AT, TPS and ICM wires, and need to use the l67 map sensor. I have a complete L67 donor motor for this. Also, has anyone figured out what size the vacuum lines are for?
    With all this info and the things I figure out while performing the swap, I will be posting a detailed how to for this swap. Thanks in advance!

Re: information requested on m90 in camaro

Look at the "stickies" in this section - there are 5 threads on the subject.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X