Manual Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Trans

Question for those that have changed shifters.

Is the T5 rotated slightly? About 15 degrees? Is the shifter therefore on an angle?

Anyone have a picture?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: Manual Trans

Yeah the shifter sits a little cockeyed. I don't know if I have a pic of the tranny itself, but I can look later for you.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Yes its at a angle, sorry no pic
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes its angled... What king of pic do you want? Of tranny or shifter installed? I can get one in the next couple days, I have everything off the car now so I can get a no exhaust, cross member, etc... Pic

Comment

Camaro T5 Transmission Manual

No idea why I have a picture, its not my car, and I don't really know who it belongs to.
          Last edited by LETZRIDE; 01-17-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
            Camaro T5 Manual Transmission

No idea why I have a picture, its not my car, and I don't really know who it belongs to.

Well that confirms it! Thanks.
            Last edited by LETZRIDE; 01-17-2020, 05:13 PM.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

T5s on V6es are rotated.

Most shifters designed specifically for the T5 F-car application have their shift levers "bent" to compensate for the rotation.

Comment

Another pic

Comment

2002 firebird v6/manual tranny . . . . It.s amsoil synthetic good liquid for my trany ?

Comment

The T-5 for all V6 F-bodies requires the same trans fluid used in the automatics to protect the syncro's. So if you where referencing the amsoil brand motor oil then no. Find an ATF with dex 3 or 6. Both will work but 3 is cheaper with the same result.

Comment

Dex 3 only in the 1997 or older t5s. Dex 5 in the 1998-2002 the syncros were updated (yep they're different) in 1998 for the slicker dex 5. In the older ones the dex 5 is too slick to slow the sycros resulting in missed gears and hard shifts. Rebuild em all the time.

Comment

All F-car T5s, from '83-'02, are canted 17 degrees for tunnel clearance in the '83-'92s. This includes the V8 versions. However, if you swap one of the older V8 versions, you'll need to give it your 4th gen shifter. I had one of each, there's a longitudinal angle difference. That's why B&M has a different PN for ours than for the '83-'92.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X