Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs for Street & Strip

Hey everyone (or those who are left)

I've been doing some searching and haven't really been able to come up with a solid answer on this. I'm looking to replace my springs when I replace my shocks and I need a little help. My car see's less than 500 miles a year, mostly just a fun car that I drive to and from the strip. My stock springs are fine but beginning to sag from what I can tell. Since I am replacing them I would like to get a good spring that will help with the weight transfer at the strip but also hold up well to the street and not rip my ground effects off.

I've been looking at Strano springs and they seem to be the best choice since they only lower an inch. However, I'm concerned with stiffening it up too much for the strip. Any thoughts from those of you that drag race?

Thanks!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
    SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Re: Springs for Street & Strip

Bump. Just curious here on what springs did you get? I'm thinking of getting the Strano springs and pair them with Koni shocks.

Comment

I have the qa-1s and if I had the chance to do it over I wound go with the strano and Konis.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I went with Eibach drag springs in the front with some softer shocks and went with the Eibach/SLP springs in the rear with the SLP Bilsteins.

She squats nice on launch,well thats what everyone tells me.

Comment

I've seen a couple of V8 fbody owners that do drag racing tend to use stock V6 springs and shocks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X