X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: twin turbo 89 iroc

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    Looking good , whos painting it?
    friend of mine who used to work in the body shop in town, he does really nice work, only reason he dont work there anymore si he was offered a job at a different place for 3x as much money

car goes in for the black epoxy primer on july 13th , then goes back 2 weeks later for the base/pearl/clear coats

the wife likes blue more then red so to keep her happy im using blue pearl instead of red , same concept though int he shade and low light conditions the car will be jet black , in direct light or sunlight the blue pearl will stand out like the picture i posted above

Comment

Cool car, nice build.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjfmkWAB5Jw
        might take it out tomorrow and get some really good driving vids , couple friends wanna take a trip up the mountain to the ski resort and back , if i go should get some good footage

Comment

Comment

Comment

its been almost a year

anyways new engine in the iroc , decided it was time to stop playing with stock engines
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uZzE8PESY

if my photobucket wasnt out of bandwidth id posta picture of the new engine

basically its a 353 sbc
              aftermarket bushed rods
              speedpro -10cc dished pistons
              64cc 200cc runner heads flowing just shy of 300 cfm
              232/236 cam with a split set of rockers
              hsr intake
              nx direct port nitrous kit
              twin gt3582's ( still has the old gt3076's on it for now )
              Last edited by project89; 06-02-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Sounds nice , your GT3582's are they the Garrett GT35R's? I have mine still sitting in my garage. Their expensive but work very well. Whats the specs of the turbos? What times are you going for?
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Sounds nice , your GT3582's are they the Garrett GT35R's? I have mine still sitting in my garage. Their expensive but work very well. Whats the specs of the turbos? What times are you going for?
                  thanks , the gt3582's are the chinnese versions 61mm inducer 82mm exd with ptrim turbines instead of standard gt35 turbine wheel , not the best turbos but they will work just fine, eventually i think ill be switching to a big single turbo 88mm +

the direct port nitrous system is mostly for the wow its got nitrous on it when ppl look under the hood as the lowest i can jet the system is 100 shot , prolly only use it when i run the turbos at 5 psi for the street or to spool a very large single turbo

goals are fairly simple
                  #1 make it into the 200mph club at bonneville
                  #2 low 9's high 8's at the drag strip

only a couple things left to do to the car , install the dana 60 rear , finish the cage, and install the parachute , and finally get the car over to the body shop for paint

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRqVFnn3Tck

Comment

Sounds great, I know mics on camera's suck but I bet it sounds outstanding in person.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

its update time

Comment

since i never got to post them since my pb was down

Comment

never got to finish it yesterday , i just had to give up for the day and head home so this is as far as i got

wensday ill finish that up , next weekend , the log headers and twin 57 turbos get pulled so i can install the up and forward headers , and install the twin 66mm turbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X