Took a little but I picked up another F-body - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a little but I picked up another F-body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a little but I picked up another F-body

Not a v6 this time though...

I sold my 2000 Firebird and bought a 2010 2SS before moving out to San Diego. I drove that for a little bit but honestly I didn't think the 5th Gen was for me. I sold my 5th gen and picked up a 2005 Honda s2000 that I auto X'd and stuff for about a year. Again I felt like it wasn't the car for me, I sold that to pick up a daily and an f-body. So now today I drive a 2014 CLA to and from work and I have a '99 z28 m6 that was pretty beat when I picked it up. 2 years, 4 cars, here are some pics!

New Wheels:

I know it isn't a v6, but I wanted to drop in and just say hi to the site that started my whole f-body addiction back in highschool.

Re: Took a little but I picked up another F-body

Your camaro looks pretty good now. The wheels are Ok. The 5 spoke chrome ones look better.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Your camaro looks pretty good now. The wheels are Ok. The 5 spoke chrome ones look better.
      Thanks, the body is super clean, and red, which is the primary reason I bought it. It's funny, the 5 spokes look great in pictures but sort of eh in person they are also some discount tire brand. The Forgelines are the opposite, I love them in person but when I look at a picture I question my photography skills. That black stripe also needs to go, probably for a cliche black hockey stripe and black mesh grill.

On the docket immediately:
      -Trans rebuild and clutch install (as soon as 2nd gear gets delivered)
      -Tax refund season = new rear end
      -Suspension revamp, konis + lots of strano

Then I need to figure out an engine solution to living in the people's republic of California, still not used to these smog laws.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
        That black stripe also needs to go, probably for a cliche black hockey stripe and black mesh grill.
        As for the stripe -

http://fourthcircledesigns.com/produ...96c5a9d17eda9c

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

^^Word. Did my window motors and picked up my vanity plates this weekend!

Comment

I don't get the plate?

I don't remember a 4th Gen recall?

Comment

It's more of a jab at Chevrolet in general. To be fair most of the car is going to be rebuilt anyways, so there will be a fair amount of non-GM parts :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X