L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

I find the 93-97 nose sorta ugly. It looks too much like an International 2+2 (google it if you dont know what it is.

If I had the choice I would find a firehawk hood. The WS6 hood is more nostrily than I would like and the 98+ base nose is the cleanest IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless View Post
      I find the 93-97 nose sorta ugly. It looks too much like an International 2+2 (google it if you dont know what it is.

If I had the choice I would find a firehawk hood. The WS6 hood is more nostrily than I would like and the 98+ base nose is the cleanest IMO.

How do you figure it looks like a TRACTOR? It is the last true Pontiac front end.

Put a Raptor hood on it.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The 2+2 joke was a bit of exagguration but it is pretty long. If pontiac would have made it less pointy it would have looked better. I also had the license plate on the front which Ill admit detracts a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless View Post
          The 2+2 joke was a bit of exagguration but it is pretty long. If pontiac would have made it less pointy it would have looked better. I also had the license plate on the front which Ill admit detracts a lot.
          I'll agree - having a front plate really sucks on a 93-97 front.

I love AZ! :banana:
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
            It just comes down to a matter of taste. To me the TA doesn't flow right at the front end. You got those turn signal lights that doesn't make sense. I mean what the heck are those below it.. HOLES that leads no where. The base looks clean.

When I first bought mine (brand new) it was the best looking one from a line up of TA's, Camaros, and other Firebirds.
            Those holes that lead to know were I can agree but it looks more aggressive overall than the flimsy slim look.

Comment

Washed it for the first time since October. :eek: Car is also interesting in the snow and its depressing to have that much horsepower and not be able to go above 2500RPM.

Comment

How do you drive in the snow and not have the car REALLY dirty?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  Driving an F-Body in the snow should be illegal unless performed on a closed course... especially one as tourquy as this car ;)
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Well I'm sorry I DD a Camaro in Colorado...

Comment

Time to take off the door molding and badges to make it look cleaner.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        the post says "first time I washed the car since October"

Nice to see some non-garage queen cars lol
                        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I may end up taking off the bump strips sooner or later. They are faded and dirty and I forgot to paint the ones I took off the fenders to Im not going to put them on.

I really want to find some W body 3800SC decals and put on the door to screw with people.

Its no garage queen. I drove it out to the farm a couple of times and the hole time I was afraid of taking the front air dam out on a rut. My goal was to create a fun year around car that can run Mid 12's and drive through 4" of snow and take it to Chicago tomorrow.

Only thing left is Mid 12's. For that I need headers, a cam, pulley, and an intercooler.

Comment

Took it to the DOT scale and it weighs just under 3600lbs. Front is 2000 and back is 1560ish.

Other strange thing is Im only getting 19 MPG with almost all highway milage. Wierd because I am using stock GS tune so youd think it would get 25+. At least I have HP tuners.

Comment

Hopefully thats the weight with you in it?

Comment

Pontiacs are usually heavier than Camaros.
                                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X