L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L67 F-bird

:D Few pics of my setup. Going in the car tomorrow. Hope it runs and doesnt hit anything.

And yes its possible, just takes a crap load of work. Been at it for a few months.

Re: L67 F-bird

About how much did this cost you? and did you do all the work yourself?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I take it that the engine itself is L67?

Definately looking forward to your build.

Comment

Its not done yet, but its cheap. Got the motor for $350, welded the supercharger for $125, probably $350 for gaskets, plug wires and stuff like that and maybe $300 for micelanous fittings, hoses, lines ect. So $1200 for the entire swap is realistic. And I might sound high on the gasket and fittings mark, its probably under $1000 if I would seriously look at it. Could do it for $500 if you could sell your L36 and all the extra parts off a L67 you dont need.

Dad and I have done all the work minus the supercharger welding. Guy that did it is a artist with a TIG. :bowdown: He said the tstat neck was hard the hardest casting he's ever welded and looked ugly but looks great. There was 1/4" gaps between the supercharger and neck and he filled it great with one bead.

Yes, this is a direct takeout L67. The L36 had a hole in the block from a spat rod, so I found the L67 and swapped the accesories over, motor mounts and put the 4L60E on. Its using a stock L36 PCM so I gotta get a L67 tune burned on.

I was conservative and didnt go crazy and put other stuff like ported heads or a cam. I want this thing to start the first time I turn the key. Unlikely but hey, I can dream. ;)

Comment

If only it was that simple.:rolleyes:

Comment

Looks good mang. Stock L67? Should have put a cam in her.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I left out a ton of the little stuff you have to do. Theres a few days of just little stuff. Gotta pull the motor to change the thermostat!

Its not as hard as you would think as long as you don't get lost and stay at it. If you go at it and have a plan it can be done. Don't knock it till ya try it! :)

Yes, motor is all stock. Coulda put a cam in but I don't want to do to much at one time. In projects like this people get lost. Plus as soon as I pull the cam id want to rehone the cylinder bored, port the heads, put in new bearings ect. Easiest just to drop it in stock and make sure it runs before I start changing things. Only thing I did was change the intake manifold gaskets and drained the deathcool while I was at it.

Comment

You should really reduce the amount of rubber fuel line in the engine bay!

Comment

Very cool good luck with the rest of it.

I would like to do this swap on my DD if the engine ever dies.

Comment

Looks good , post some pics when its in the engine bay.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Motors in. Its tight but it fits. Im nothings hooked up for wiring or hoses but its getting there.

And yeah, theres rubber fuel line, its new, its fuel injection safe, it isnt going to be there forever and if GM used plastic lines, I feel rubber is OK for what Im doing.

Im going to work on it a bit this week and maybe have it running by later this week.

Comment

looks good man, so many hoses everywhere!!
                        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

looks good man. Good luck on the start up, glad to see it can be done on a budget.

Comment

Very nice. I wish GM made this another option for the V6.

So are you using the stock wire harness then along with the stock PCM?

You should put it up on Utube.

Good luck on the start up.

Comment

You will fail a safety at the track though with that much rubber fuel line :( might not see it though. GM only uses nylon line to a certain point in the engine bay.

Looks good in there though!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X