ZZP ST5 cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP ST5 cam

So I just ordered my ST5 cam from ZZP , I'm calling my mechanic tomorrow to see how much its going to be to do my head gaskets and to do the cam install. I wish I was healthier so I could do it myself. Its been awhile since I've paid for engine work so I know I'll be shocked. LOL One good thing is he only charges $55 a hour.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: ZZP ST5 cam

Not bad I charge $50 and my customers seem fairly happy with rates. Looking forward to your build, I'm aiming for tens this time around, saving up for a twelve bolt

Comment

Good god, we charge 86$/hr and are one of the cheapest in the city.

But you'll love it man. Have you heard any of my old videos?

Comment

No haven't heard yours, I heard some on youtube though but they were GTPs. Can you post a link to yours?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu84xLav0QQ

There's the night I put the new engine in...

Comment

Yeah I just found it in your FI thread. Did you use MLS head gaskets or stock gaskets?

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
              Not bad I charge $50 and my customers seem fairly happy with rates. Looking forward to your build, I'm aiming for tens this time around, saving up for a twelve bolt
              I think I remember seeing your build somewhere but don't remember any details can you post your mods? My memory sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Yeah I just found it in your FI thread. Did you use MLS head gaskets or stock gaskets?
                Didn't pull heads.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 07-22-2014, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Thats pretty impressive for stock gaskets. I'm thinking of reusing the MLS gaskets or might go with the felpros I bought. Will see.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    I think I remember seeing your build somewhere but don't remember any details can you post your mods? My memory sucks.
                    Stock rebuilt engine, re used all the torque to yield bolts( I was a broke 17 year old at the time) front facing headers, cheap t3/t4 eBay turbo with a .82 a/r. Stock tranny with a tci 3800 torque converter, 3.23 rear gears with LSD. Lcas and panhard rod,42# injectors,stock fuel pump. I never got the wastegate to open (set up wrong lol)in the two years I ran the car... I would just see my boost gauge pass 15psi

Cars still not broken :banana: it's down due to weight reduction,new turbo,better injectors and fuel pump. Maybe heads and cam

Comment

Looks good. I know all about hooking up things wrong, when I had the turbo on before I had the wastegate hooked up wrong so on my 10lb spring I was going over 17 lbs of boost so you could say it was running lean.lol My front cover needs replaced(leaks out the oil sender since the threads are stripped so might as well do a cam while its apart.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X