kinked fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinked fuel line

so i replaced my fuel filter and during the process, the fuel line was slightly bent/kinked. it's not a full kink like liquid couldn't pass through it but i started the car and drove it and even went WOT to see if it had any flow rate/performance problems and it doesn't seem to be an issue. should i be concerned if the car is running fine?

Re: kinked fuel line

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
    so i replaced my fuel filter and during the process, the fuel line was slightly bent/kinked. it's not a full kink like liquid couldn't pass through it but i started the car and drove it and even went WOT to see if it had any flow rate/performance problems and it doesn't seem to be an issue. should i be concerned if the car is running fine?
    personally id run a pressure gauge off the rail and make sure its fine. a kink in the system could make the pump have to work harder and kill it prematurely. thats just me though, im kind of anal about stuff like that and just assume the worst that can happen will always happen.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

I would agree check your fuel pressure, also post a pic of it and we can see how bad it is.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You can achieve proper fuel pressure through a slightly kinked line, or even a line much smaller than the 3/8" feed line. The question is whether or not you are moving enough volume. Unfortunately a pressure gauge won't tell you that. It's pretty common to see a slight kink in the fuel line on these cars due to changing the fuel filter a dozen times. Chances are that your probably fine for now, but changing the fuel filter in the future can weaken the line even further. The next time you do a fuel filter you may want to replace that piece of fuel line with another stock piece or a -6 steel braided line. If you've already done the trap door above the tank it won't be that hard to replace.

Comment

an increase in pressure would signify a decrease in volume; however, i don't have a fuel pressure gauge, does autozone have those for loaners? i hooked my laptop up, i have diagnostic software, it is showing all values within the min/max parameters and no engine codes pending. i can't see the fuel rail pressure from my laptop but if it means anything, i can see the flow rate. at idle it shows 0.4 gal/hr if that information even is useful.

Comment

hopefully this one works.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that looks pretty bad, myself I would replace it when you get the chance. As far as fuel pressure your going to need to see what its doing at idle and WOT runs to see if its not getting full pressure. I would take it easy on going full throttle until you see what PSI your running.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 07-30-2014, 06:39 PM.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X