Camaro is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camaro is gone...

Hey Docta did you ever calculate your wrhp and track times to sea level? I would imagine it's a big difference, whats your DA where you live?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Since I could never get it out of the hole, it's hard to do. I never ran faster than a 2.3 60' on boost, and had to make it up on the top end, which it had no problem doing. But I guesstimate 450-470rwhp, judging by races I had. And it is typically around 7500DA where I race. The day I got my 12.6, it was over 9,000. (lol) So it would have been good for a high 11 sec pass at sea level, but that was also on 18psi, and a trans on borrowed time. Who knows what I could have done with an auto, like I had planned.

Countdown til GTP is at TWO DAYS. Then 4 til it gets home. And then a week from friday, I'll have high altitude track numbers.

Comment

Thats some crazy altitude. Great numbers though.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

lol, My house is at 6990ft. Track is actually lower... 6200 I think.

Comment

What kind of mods does that GTP have? It looks like it has an intercooler and the pulley looks smaller.

BTW a 2 door is a rare find.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
              lol, My house is at 6990ft. Track is actually lower... 6200 I think.
              Bandimere is 5800ft.

Comment

^ there ya go! 5800. Was off a bit...

And GTP is forged 8.5:1, with built heads, cam, ported gen V blower, full size a2w intercooler, built trans, lots of supporting mods, e85, headers etc. A good replacement for the Camaro. For now. Until I find a rwd that I want.

Comment

So not to pry , but how much was the GTP?

Comment

Asking price is 5700. Will update tomorrow when I get it... Flying out 9:40am.

Comment

Thats not bad at all considering all the mods on it. Also forgot to ask you if your dynoed your car with just the ST5 cam? Have a good flight , hope all goes well.

Comment

Never did cam only, but by my guesstimations and whatnot, it was around 240.

Comment

So its been awhile , any updates? Hows it drive and how does it compare in power to your Camaro?

Comment

Hmm...you can probably transplant that engine to an fbody. It sure is built for force induction.

Comment

It isn't nearly as fast top end wise, but gets up to 75ish much faster. Currently on the 2.7" pulley, and is in dire need of more tire. Has a hard time with traction anywhere under 45.

And if I build another 3.8, it'll be in a fbody again. I miss the camaro alot. But this one is a good daily, and low compression anyway, bleck. We'll see what I come across first, a clean notch roller for Ls swap, or a 3.8 roller/needs work.

Comment

Damn man, that sucks about the camaro but that GTP is gorgeous. I've been wanting one of those too, I was going to text you the other day and see what you had been up to, would have been a depressing topic.
                                3M MAFIA
                                ________
                                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X