Question about o2 sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about o2 sensors

The car in question is a 2001 Camaro 3.8.

A few years ago, my catalytic converter clogged up, so I removed it and put in s pipe. I also put an emulator on the o2 sensor so I don't have a code.

Now I decided to put on a catalytic converter and I had to replace an upstream o2 sensor on the driver's side, was getting a code. How many sensors is the car supposed to have?

I see that I have 2 in the manifolds upstream ones and then right before the catalytic converter there is a bung with a nut in it. After the catalytic converter, there is a sensor there which is not plugged in and I have that plug up by the trans with an emulator on it. I am supposing it is for this post cat sensor. Is the car supposed to have a sensor rIght before the catalytic converter? There is a nut there in the bung and there is no plug available for it..I'm really confused..there was never a code though and I don't have a sensor there.

Here are some photos..any help is appreciated.

[Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440237725.437538.jpg
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1538997ATTACH]5573[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440237714.984734.jpg
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1538996

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Question about o2 sensors

It should have 1 before and 1 after the cat.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Mine does not have it. All I have is 2 in the manifolds and one after cat. Works fine, no SES light.

Comment

only the 95-98 have the pre and post cat senors

Comment

What has happened now is the following..

I had no SES light but I used a scanner and I got three codes p0137, p1133 and p1153..

Apparently there is some kind of a problem with all 3 sensors now..so the driver's side manifold is a new Bosch sensor and the post cat is a new Bosch sensor..I called the dealer and they confirmed that 97-02 V6 Camaros had 3 sensors, 2 in manifold and 1 post cat.

What could be the problem now? Could it be because I have Pacesetter headers? I am getting horrible gas mileage..

Comment

did you get new painted pacesetter? if so there burning the inside coating off and killing the senors, once thats done then buy new ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X