WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Created a new cover image for the car's facebook page. Makes it easy to do that because I can share from one location on just about everything.

Just a silhouette with a word collage around it that involves everything in the car.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectSturmvogel

Comment

Pretty cool.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Made a little progress yesterday. Got in some good Daddy-daughter time as well, she was pretty excited to get to work on stuff for the car.

Comment

You should have her install it too.lol
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This has been a very good project thread. I keep coming back to it and have to re-read it to remember what's been done. I have had my Camaro going on a year now and about to invest in a "k" member and spohn seems to be the only one advertising a 3.8L mount. I'm going w/old school 3.8L turbo and dumping the 3800 because it has more support than the 3800. I'm really interested to see how your turbo project turns out. What company will be doing the head work?

Comment

Already got a set of big valve ported heads from somebody for like $500 lol. They were originally ported by some old school grand national shop in Michigan awhile back.

Not sure about my next set of heads for the FI stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                Already got a set of big valve ported heads from somebody for like $500 lol. They were originally ported by some old school grand national shop in Michigan awhile back.

Not sure about my next set of heads for the FI stuff.
                Then you didn't do bad on the heads as the 3800 head is modeled after the old stage II head because of it's flow capabilities. The design of the engine is just a miniature stage block w/limited bore and stroke.
                The head design chosen for the old 3.8L was already 20 years old but the GM HQ's refused an update request to buick's engineers so the new TR's would not over shadow the flag ship-corvette. The buick engineers got even by tuning the TRs to whip butt and advertise low hp ratings.(actually gave whp for fwhp) Just a little history for the uninformed.

Comment

Been busy with school, since it's out it is time to get back to wrenching. Still have a long laundry list of things to accomplish.

Finally got the k-member aligned as well as the trans cross member:

Still nothing to attach wheels to:

Gonna clean these things up after I do the new collectors:

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Those headers are sick.

Comment

Did some repairs to the harness loom and started plugging things in. I feel like my knees have been hyper-extended from leaning over the fender for so long...

Really wish I had been able to spring for the Painless Performance wire loom that isn't this crazy plastic, but that will have to wait for later a later project with fresh connectors and all that fun stuff.

Comment

Finally got the spindles opened up to accept the MASSIVE CTS-V 6-piston brakes. Spindles are currently drying from a few coats of primer. While waiting on that, I prepped the UMI Performance Inc. front control arms and loosely installed them in the k-member and pointed the zerk fittings out to where I could easily service them.

Still waiting on a set of 18" wheels, have to send out my injectors to get cleaned and a list of other items. A whole lot less boxes filled with parts though. This thing is getting closer...

Comment

Good thing you went with UMI on the Lcas my PA racing looks small compared to them. Looking good though.

Comment

Yeah, it was either these or stay stock since our roads are so rough.

Not blazing through it, but getting some of the finer points taken care of. Finished spraying the spindles, should be able to install those sometime tomorrow.

Finished connecting some of the harness to the trans. Installed the longtubes for a temporary fitment check with the new exhaust. More on that soon.

Test fit the UMI A-Arms, they're pretty nice, and finished setting up the Global West upper control arms that were modified by Blaine Fabrication.

Comment

Kinda got stalled on a few things that took longer than I had really hoped to, but it's down to just chipping away at it all now.

I need to find longer shock bolts for the A-arms, I forgot that I had read a thread awhile back, so I need to go to the local hardware store tomorrow after work.

Exhaust is just loosely mocked up, will install rear end and stuff when I get a chance in the next few days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X