Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random miss fire code

Hey guys,
    I have a 2000 DD with 120k on it, and it's served be well since I purchased it at 70k, no major issues besides normal maintenance, oil changed using fully synthetic every 3k. Just recently it started misfiring. I thought it was something connected to AC because it did it when I turned the air off, and usually kicked in when I was coming to a stop, then it would go away. (this just started a few days ago) Today was the first time it threw a code, and my engine light went flashing. it corrected itself again, and was fine the rest of the way to work this morning. I stopped briefly at the local auto parts and had them throw the code reader on it, it was a random misfire code, and there were 2 O2 sensor low voltage codes as well. Sorry if this has been addressed on here, time is of the essence, but I'm looking for suggestions on starting points. Also any other normal maintenance I should look into for a car with that many miles on it. Thanks!

Re: Random miss fire code

I did this to me...turns out the TPS had gone bad...I replaced it with a junk yard TPS and now it is okay.
    Phil

Comment

Did it throw a code for the TPS?

Comment

My car was also starved for power, had to turn it off and wait.
        TPS replacement solved the problem
        Phil

Comment

Start with the codes first. Random misfire in all likelihood is due to the jacked up 02 sensor giving the mother board the wrong info. Replace them and it's a done deal. Tps is a different problem might as well replace the muffler bearings if your going that route

Comment

update: I had a friend with a better code reader hook it up and he was able to see live information which told us cylinder 1 and 4 were misfiring. same coil. wiggled the wires and it ran smooth all the way home. Also noticed my 246 02 sensor isn't toggling as it should, so I'll replace that if I continue to have issues after I do the coil pack. Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              2 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X