Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

First pass at the track nailed a 12.49 at 110mph with ease. Launched very soft. Got a best of a 12.45 at 111mph durring 4 passes on sunday. 13psi.. very conservitive tune. Its got more power to be had still.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaiTDhasFp4

Comment

Congrats on your new best. What was your 60 ft and 1/8 times?

Comment

1/8 was from 8.06-8.09 at arround 87-88mph

60 foots were all slow. 1.95-1.99. I launched quite soft.

Comment

Not bad considering your 60 ft time. A little more boost and a good hook up and you should see elevens no problem. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. Im heading to the track this weekend again. Ill try to get some better 60 foots and se where that goes.

Comment

12.4... that's awesome. Looks like 11 is just around the corner for you.

Comment

I hope so. The races rained out last weekend. Ill be honest though Im not changing anything on the car for another month or so. Its doing a great job of being consistant since im in a points class. If I really just push the launch and mabey add in a touch of timing.....hoping the drivetrain holds.. I hope to see a 11 sec pass but im not going to push my luck this early in the season.

Comment

Havent posted in a bit but....

Car has made 32 passes to date on the race track and no major problems. Ive just been enjoying racing the car and having a fun time doing so.

Here are a few pics. In the summer heat its constant at running arround 12.60-12.70 at the same 13psi of boost that got me to the 12.45 in the spring. I havent messed with the tune but plan to start pushing it hard as soon as the temps start to fall. Im still feeling that with a cool fall night and a strong tune I can still get close to that 11.99 area.

Comment

I forgot that i didnt post it but the car ran 3 11 second passes. Best of 11.70@116Mph. Monster. 15psi of boost

Here is a year in review video. the 11 second pass and slip is at the end of the video also. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db_e...aSKRMi9Jn94Ubg

Comment

Congrats Eddie. Very nice video compilation there.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                          Congrats Eddie. Very nice video compilation there.
                          Thanks! :rock:

Comment

Im still arround racing the camaro. Its been good to me latley. I have since, added a borg warner s366 turbo to the beast and also a 270 cam, better springs, and even a very small shot of n20. 35hp wet kit just on the launch at the track. After 8psi the n20 goes away. Heres a few videos of the beast. Last week it did 12.06@115mph. Im pretty certain ill be back in the 11s this weekend although it will be 85 degrees out!

Go pro on a 12.2 pass@115mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu6qBL5xWAk

A quick test on the street.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIADdifjyw

The 270 cam idle
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKpSozR2g-U

A few pics

Last edited by fasteddi; 07-24-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Update.

I got married over the summer. To a great girl that supports my racing and has been for 3 years now. Its been a good year!

I ran a best of 11.59@119mph last month with a best trap speed of 120mph on another pass. The car went pretty fast.

I added a video of my 2015 year in review. Hopefully you all can watch it, but it may not work on some mobile devices. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ld_BTjL86Q

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X