2001 Firebird headlight replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Firebird headlight replacement

I recently purchased a broken down 2001 firebird for $600. Apart from the engine needing to be rebuilt, it is completely missing a headlight (the whole mount, housing and the engine that lifts the headlight.) Since I am new to car work, I thought I should ask the forum for help. Does anybody have a compiled list of the exact parts that i need to replace the headlight?
    here is a picture for a general idea on what is missing.

I saw on the forum that some users have been using these headlights because they are better than the stock headlights. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=61
    if I were to attempt to put these into my firebird, would I need to build anything on my own in order to instal them such as a custom frame or so? or do they fit it fine by themselves? Lastly, are there any good websites that you recommend to buy all my parts from?
    Attached Files

Re: 2001 Firebird headlight replacement

Just my $ .02 but I see firebirds at the junkyard all the time with perfectly good headlights and various other good body parts. I am signed up with three different yards that email me when they get a 4th gen in. For all you 3.4 runners I can tell you there usually over 275000 miles and look like they had a rough life the last 100000. I don't have a 3.4 but always thought they must be a tough motor to kill. Usually I rob the tranny and drivelines, some need lots of work some are good to go . I always keep my eye out for the hard to find perfect interior parts and often sell em . If not sold on craigs list in 3 days I sell them on ebay along with various other sellers. My bet is all the parts you need are there.It helps fund the addiction. We are now a 3 race car family all 4th gens . My 2 girls are 100% sponsored by me so they can go threw a full set of fenders on any given Saturday night. Don't even get me started on tire funding ,lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X