Got to run my first Auto-X!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to run my first Auto-X!

Was a fantastic experience! We were able to do 2, 6-lap practice sessions of the course and one 4-lap timed session.

Not sure where I placed yet, since it is PCA and they're still getting things figured out it was more of a fun run. I got classed with a bunch of STI's and an Evo with one corvette vert and a Cayenne!

The two STI's were quicker than me by probably 4 seconds, but they had more power and AWD. The last fast corner was a dead spot, too high to shift into 1st, but so low in 2nd that the car was out of the cam's powerband.

They'll be posting times on their website soon.

HAD A FRIGGIN BLAST! Got nothing but compliments, and had good tips from two road race instructors there.

Re: Got to run my first Auto-X!

Sounds like a good time, I've always wanted to auto x.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

She looks pretty flat going around the corners,whats your spring,shock and swaybar set up?

Comment

Strano HP7 package, which consists of his springs, bars and koni yellows.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
          Strano HP7 package, which consists of his springs, bars and koni yellows.
          Nice he knows his way around a roadcourse in a 4th Gen good choice:)

Comment

Yeah, that's why I went with him instead of some of the others. He won multiple SCCA championships with that setup.

Only thing that would do better is going with a crazy fully tuneable front/rear coilover setup but I'm nowhere near needing any of that yet.

Comment

Two sessions, turn it up a little. I get some funny commentary here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOYRlaVGeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2p6y6Zx9w4

Comment

Be careful this is where it starts. Can be extremely addicting, read your entire build thread so I'm SURE you already know this, lol. Like I tell my girlfriend though there's worse things I could be doing on a Saturday night than racing.

Comment

Yeah, this is reasonable.

It's only a few times a year, and so much more fun that drag racing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    6 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X