• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

[/URL]

Comment

Is it ready to go back in?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I need to get the wiring harness on and pick the motor up when I get the crane set up on the truck to put the converter bolts and flywheel cover on. I dont really want to pick up the motor with the trans using the rafters so its going to wait until Im lifting the car up. Otherwise yes.

Comment

• Where'd you get those fuel rails? :0

Comment

Originally posted by SlasherVRGR View Post
            Where'd you get those fuel rails? :0
            Read post 209, he goes in depth on it.

Comment

So ive put like 1500 miles on the new setup, happy with it. Already at 66% DC on the 60lb injectors so i will be right at 98% on corn. :rock: Not bad for guessing on injector size! Was hoping i could sqeeze in E30 on the stock pump but that isnt happening. And thats on low boost, once I get a 2.8 or whatever on there they probably will be past 100%.

Right now im running 8PSI with a 3.4" pulley on 89 and getting a tickle of like 1.5 degrees of KR come and go on a stock 98 GS timing table so 13.5 degrees WOT. Was going to throw a bit more timing in but theres no reason. 91 would take some timing or hooking my window washer injection up would take care of it but E30/E50 blender pumps are available so im not going to mess with that.

Track day is on Aug 31 so hopefully I can get my slicks back on and run for 13.50's.

Comment

Nice surprise

Comment

Looks great. I want boost too. Wheres the rust from?

Comment

Front portion of the lower rear control arm mount. :rolleyes:

Comment

Ran a 13.97 at 96 with a 1.97 60 saturday in 88 degrees and high humidity on a hot lap right after a 13.98 with 1.94 60ft. I usually see 42lb/min of airflow and I was seeing 38lb/min and my injector duty cycle was like 3-4% down so I was down on power from when I looked at it in 60 degree weather few weeks ago. Timing was 16 degrees and 7.8ish PSI on a 3.4" pulley.

Was shooting for 13.60-.70 since a 2.8 and corn should get me into mid 12's but I dont know if thats going to happen. Something with this RWD setup not being as fast as it should be compared to the FWD cars.

But it hooked good. Got 14.08 for quite a few passes and I couldnt crack 13's but I bumped the air press down to 20 in the DR's and did a little longer burnout and it hooked/pulled JUST good enough to break 13's.

Also found out my fuel pump is too small. I have a vette regulator thats supposed to put out 60 PSI but I got a fuel press gauge and found out it really puts out 50. Much over 5 PSI it drops down to about 39 PSI. Need to get the walbro 255 ive got laying around in before I do much anything else.

But, the good news is I dont get any KR with 7.8 PSI on 89 so a 2.8 should work great with E30 which is what I kinda want to mess with.

Got my gopro video uploaded and edited too.

Ran a 13.97 at 96 with a 1.97 60 today in 88 degrees and high humidity on a hot lap right after a 13.98 with 1.94 60ft. I usually see 42lb/min of airflow and I was seeing 38lb/min and my injector duty cycle was like 3-4% down so I was down on power from when I looked at it in 60 degree weather few weeks ago. Timing was 16 degrees and 7.8ish PSI on a 3.4" pulley.

Was shooting for 13.60-.70 since a 2.8 and corn should get me into mid 12's but I dont know if thats going to happen. Something with this RWD setup not being as fast as it should be compared to the FWD cars.

But it hooked good. Got 14.08 for quite a few passes and I couldnt crack 13's but I bumped the air press down to 20 in the DR's and did a little longer burnout and it hooked/pulled JUST good enough to break 13's.

Also found out my fuel pump is too small. I have a vette regulator thats supposed to put out 60 PSI but I got a fuel press gauge and found out it really puts out 50. Much over 5 PSI it drops down to about 39 PSI. Need to get the walbro 255 ive got laying around in before I do much anything else.

But, the good news is I dont get any KR with 7.8 PSI on 89 so a 2.8 should work great with E30 which is what I kinda want to mess with.

Got my gopro video uploaded and edited too.

http://youtu.be/PaBrqJjCvJI
                      Last edited by Gutless; 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM. Reason: Link no work

Comment

Looks good. The video is pretty awesome. I gave you a thumb up. I think RWD is much easier to launch than FWD. Plus it's better to push than to pull. For the size of pulley you are in I think you are in the right time for an L67. I think you should try and tune up for the current pulley you have and see how far you can take it before moving to a smaller pulley.

Comment

So I ran a DA correction since it was real hot and humid just to see, the few times Ive used DA to correct it hasnt made any difference. It spat out 13.51 at 99mph with a DA of like 3000. Car always picks up a lot in cold weather too. Id be confident it would run that 13.50 in average air and 60 degree temps. 90% humidity, 90 degree temps just dont agree with non intercooled roots cars.

Its tuned pretty good right now. Im running 11.4-11.8 AFR at WOT with 17 degrees on 91 so its about as good as its going to get.

After I get the pump changed out Im going to throw a stall in. Im blaming my worse 60fts on the converter. Cam just isnt where it wants to be. Most run a 3000-3500 with this cam, im still running the stock 1800.
                          Last edited by Gutless; 09-03-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Have you thought about alky/water injection to cool off in coming air. Fasteddi ditched his intercooler for this and hes well into 12.

Comment

I ran window washer fluid through my alky system last fall when i was running 10 psi. Just take the window washer pump line off, run it to the port I put in post MAF, and ran a hobbs switch to turn the pump on. Worked great, would get KR very rarely on 91 without it, could run 89 without KR and -40 washer fluid.

Ran the alky on this setup once at the track and didnt get anywhere. Its not tuned for it and didnt need it so it was just more a hinderance. Wish I would have had a 3.1" pulley to try out at the track. Would been nice to see.

Ive got the injector and will have the pump for corn. I should be able to run a 2.8 maybe 2.6" pulley on E30. Everyone runs E85 and I kinda want to try something different. Shouldnt need the octane of E85 since I cant get anything more than 16PSI out of it. We will see how it turns out.

Comment

Windshield Washer Fluid. The key to ALL your high performance needs!

Even though you're still high 13's I admire your car for the originality of it. I really wanted to do this but I ended up doing an LS Swap and its eating me alive... but my 3.8 was a goner and I didnt have the resources for all the Fab work required for this. I'm still easily certain you can crack 13.5 maybe low 13's aswell though with your current setup under the right conditions, especially if you get an intercooler and if you're still not satisfied then you gotta atleast realize you gained 1.5 seconds over stock with some originality points
                                Last edited by Need4Camaro; 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM.
                                1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X