WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Have Koni yellows, outer diameter isn't going to change much at all.

Comment

Mitch Walraven at Total Engine Service added the O2 bungs and welded on the retention springs to these modified Force Fed Fabs Longtubes. Really nice welds, good placement of the springs and O2 bungs. The pics just don't do it any justice!

Comment

Had a productive afternoon, installed the headers, plugs and wires as well as connected other odds and ends. Waiting on a couple fittings so I can do a PCV catch can, taking care of a few loose bits right now.

Slip on turn-downs so it will help keep the O2 sensors a little happier without getting a lot of air reversion back in there and making it dump fuel or not idling right.

While I waited for some stuff to dry, did a test fit with two wheels. I need open end lugs since I am running long ARP wheel studs for racing duty. I know it'll look a whole heck of a lot better once it's on the ground.

Comment

Why no extension on the collector? 18" collector extensions make torque, With and with out full exhaust.
          sigpic

Comment

These are just slip on turndowns until I can get it to the shop and have the section from the headers to the x-pipe connected.

Comment

I'm liking the rims more since their setup on the car.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks!

Should look a lot better with tires and the car on the ground lol!

Comment

Been busy, had some minor issues crop up but back to full steam ahead!

Started doing my PCV catch can stuff. I've searched high and low for a twist in oil cap that had a fitting that I could route to a catch can. Without really having any luck, I decided to mod the existing oil caps and just make it work.

These are just stamped metal w/ a rivet holding it all together. Well, after only a couple uses, the rivet would work loose in the metal and it would all twist easily. I drilled out the rivet and then used a drill press with a step drill to open up the holes on each individual layer.

Initial test fit with a -10AN fitting, this is the same size line on the catch can I'll be running to.

Next hurdle involved the retaining nut for the AN fitting. This was a bulkhead fitting for fuel tanks, and I got it so I could sandwich everything together cleanly. This nut needs to be ground down to fit inside the neck of the stamped metal cap.

A big friggin pile of aluminum later, the nut is a press-fit inside the neck and used locktite to make sure everything stayed in place after the test fits:

Comment

Final product!

I'll post more on the catch can stuff later.

Comment

Watts link completely installed, took a little bit of fine tuning. I'm glad I had an angle indicator. Following that, I downloaded the old tune to back the timing off and adjust fuel accordingly with the new injectors. I'm blown away that the Optima Redtop was still holding a full charge after sitting in my garage for a year and a half. I've had that battery since ~2010!

Here's hoping I can fire it up tomorrow!

Comment

Good luck.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

looking good as always Dane

Comment

Take a video please. I bet that thing is going to be loud. :eek:

Comment

Oh yeah, I'll have video for sure. Battery was low yesterday so I put it on a conditioner. Waiting on fittings and lines to do the catch can, then it's ready to go.

Comment

Continental DWS installed, still need to dress up the sidewalls and stuff. Can't wait to fire it all up. Just waiting on catch can components right now :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X