New multec injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New multec injectors?

I noticed these on ZZP's website anybody have any info on these?
    Are these plug and play minus tuning on the 2000+ cars already running stock multec injectors? Hoping these are a direct fit minus the obvious tuneing involved.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...1178&catid=113
    Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Re: New multec injectors?

I would say on our fuel system their probably around 30lB injectors, but still a nice upgrade for you Muti-tec guys. I feel bad running my 65lb injectors(well 60LB) on our system, hee hee hee. LOL With the option for 85LB and 120 LB injectors also. But yes it looks like they will fit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I would say on our fuel system their probably around 30lB injectors, but still a nice upgrade for you Muti-tec guys. I feel bad running my 65lb injectors(well 60LB) on our system, hee hee hee. LOL With the option for 85LB and 120 LB injectors also. But yes it looks like they will fit.
      :excited: Thats what i like to hear but, im still thinking they may be maxed out for what i have doneto the car already. If they would suffice though that would be great even if they are at like 80% duty cycle. I just am trying to avoid getting a new fuel rail as well as splicing in different connectors.

Comment

Well, I thought i might as well bring this thread back seeing as i just received my set of these today. They are rated higer than the GTP injectors and they use the same Multec 2 Plug that my '02 has on the harness already. All i have to do now is shorten the height of my fuel rail or find one of a 98 or older 3800 fbod. They are about 7mm shorter than my stock Multec 2 injectors.

Comment

Comment

Sounds good, looks like a non-splicing alternative to us 00+ guys.

Comment

Are there any direct replacement for the 00+ fuel rails or no?

Those look good, how do you plan on shortening the fuel rail height?

Comment

you can cut the legs off, shorten the stubs and then weld the legs back on. its not bad at all to do. i did that when i put my gtp injectors in. thats cool you didint have to change the clips. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                  Sounds good, looks like a non-splicing alternative to us 00+ guys.
                  That was my main reason for buying them ;)

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                  Are there any direct replacement for the 00+ fuel rails or no?

Those look good, how do you plan on shortening the fuel rail height?
                  I was planning on getting a 98 or older rail but if i cant find one i'll cut my stocker down to size.

Originally posted by mtscorvette View Post
                  you can cut the legs off, shorten the stubs and then weld the legs back on. its not bad at all to do. i did that when i put my gtp injectors in. thats cool you didint have to change the clips. good luck!
                  And how!

Comment

I just cut the feet off with a hacksaw, and cut like 7mm off the legs with a hack saw and then welded the feet back onto the legs. here are some pics. hope it helps!

Comment

I would just use a 96-99 rail then later on you can upgrade to big injectors. I have been looking at ZZP's custom built fuel logs with fuel pressure gauge mounted on the rail , I have a spare fuel rail sitting in the garage but I can't decide to get this L26 engine or not, if I do I will use the spare parts from my old L36, fuel rail and spare upper/lower intakes, new 9:9.1 JE forged pistons, oil pan and TB. I want to see how my car runs with my planned mods first on the current built motor, heads and turbo before I sell any of my performance mods. But if your going to be adding alot of mods like Tubo I would swap the harnesses out for the bosch ones and use the 95-99 rails so you can get 33LB to 120 LB injectors without trying to look for the mutitec's, just my opinion.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...1098&catid=113

Is that the one to get that's similar to 95-99 rails?

Comment

whats required in switching fuel rails? sounds like it should be easy....but thats usually not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                            http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...1098&catid=113

Is that the one to get that's similar to 95-99 rails?
                            That fuel rail is off a transverse 3800, i.e a Grand Prix.
                            It will not fit our cars as far as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                              whats required in switching fuel rails? sounds like it should be easy....but thats usually not the case.
                              four bolts, and of course moving the injectors from one to the other ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X