Seat Belt Torx Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Torx Bolts

After searching on here and the web, I just wanted to post the correct information for anybody that might need it in the future.

One of my rear seat belts needed to be replaced. Research showed that it was a Torx T-47 bolt. That is not entirely correct.

The bolt was SUPER tight. The T-47 would have stripped. I actually found that a T-50 fit the bolt head exactly and I was able to pull on it like crazy to break it loose.

Hopefully, somebody can use this information in the future.

Re: Seat Belt Torx Bolts

i would also recommend getting a set of torx sockets that fit on a ratchet.

the seatbelt bolts are tight for a reason and one of those multi-torx tools is just going to bend and twist.

im against harbor freight tools, but i have a harbor freight set made by pittsburgh tools that hasn't broken yet.

Comment

I totally agree. I used Torx sockets and pulled VERY hard on it to break it loose.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
        I totally agree. I used Torx sockets and pulled VERY hard on it to break it loose.
        I usually tap them in with a hammer then use a 6" extension on the ratchet for leverage.

Comment

I have stripped the seat belt bolts before. That is good info, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I second the tapping with a hammer first. This seems to break the rust and factory locktite loose. Also I use Torx sockets and a breaker bar to get them started.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X