Short throw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short throw?

I have been looking for a short throw shifter for my bird. What is everyone using?

I found this on ebay, and I like the look of it. Any comments on it?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: Short throw?

Looks like the right one...

Comment

Looks like the one FirebirdGT installed in his.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looks a bit different from the one I installed 3 years back. He did say they changed the model.

Comment

Good price. I think I paid $175 for my Pro 5.0. Id get the one with the stops though. I don't really know anything about my t5, but having those stops gives me piece of mind I'm not gonna bend or break something when I'm railing through the gears.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

i have it!! and love it...its pretty good to me...no complaints

Comment

got a hurst too love it. id get the stops as well. no reason to tear up internal stops when you have the option of adding a little more strength.

Comment

Buy it! Lol. I have a B&M Ripper, I love it, probably my favorite mod so far.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

best shifter?

this is the one with the stops, best one? how does it compare to the ripper?
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Looks like the one FirebirdGT installed in his.

That's the one!

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=104192

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                      I knew it looked familiar, and you said the guy sells them on ebay.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Awesome, I did a search for short throw shifter and that thread didn't come up.

FirebirdGT, how big of a height difference is there between the stock and the hurst shifter?
                        Was there any difference in the effort is takes to shift? Did you get the one with the stops?
                        Does the factory shifter have the stops, and if not, have you or anyone ever overshifted the gear? I know I had a scat drag fast in my bug and overshifted 3rd once or twice, but thats with 40 year old technology.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                          Awesome, I did a search for short throw shifter and that thread didn't come up.

FirebirdGT, how big of a height difference is there between the stock and the hurst shifter?
                          Was there any difference in the effort is takes to shift? Did you get the one with the stops?
                          Does the factory shifter have the stops, and if not, have you or anyone ever overshifted the gear? I know I had a scat drag fast in my bug and overshifted 3rd once or twice, but thats with 40 year old technology.
                          Look at the pictures.

Yes - harder but understandable. No - "Stops are an artifact of the past; all modern internal rail trans have internal stops."

Not that I can see. No.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X