Time for a new radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new radiator?

My radiator recently started leaking in one little spot on the left hand tank (where it meets the core.) Should I take it to a radiator shop and have them fix it? Or should I just buy a new one? If I buy a new one, is there a difference between the V6 and V8 radiators? If so, would it be better to get the V8 radiator?

Thanks in advance.

BTW - My car is a 2001 M5 Camaro with the 3800.

Re: Time for a new radiator?

Originally posted by ScottS4050 View Post
    My radiator recently started leaking in one little spot on the left hand tank (where it meets the core.) Should I take it to a radiator shop and have them fix it? Or should I just buy a new one? If I buy a new one, is there a difference between the V6 and V8 radiators? If so, would it be better to get the V8 radiator?

Thanks in advance.

BTW - My car is a 2001 M5 Camaro with the 3800.
    I think the V8 is slightly larger, I could be wrong.

You'd be better off just getting one, instead of having it fix which will cost you more.

You should check the For Sale section. I believe there's a guy there that's parting out his Camaro. If not just go to the junk yard.

Comment

V8 one is 1/4" larger.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        V8 one is 1/4" larger.
        You mean the core thickness?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          You mean the core thickness?

Yes, core thickness.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Steve,

Don't you have an aftermarket?

Raven

Comment

I had a aftermarket with fans but went back with a stock style radiator and fans, seemed to work better.

Comment

I had a aftermarket with fans but went back with a stock style radiator and fans, seemed to work better.
                V6 or V8 core?

Been thinking of replacing with a V8 core.

Raven

Comment

Its the biggest I found stock 1 1/4" core. The rest I think were 1" core.

Comment

Its the biggest I found stock 1 1/4" core. The rest I think were 1" core.
                    From who? Manufacturer?

Raven

Comment

Too long ago to remember, I know its one like ZZP was selling , It may be stock was 7/8 th thick and I got 1" thick. Don't know for sure. I found a oversized radiator from ZZP thats 1 1/4 I think thats the one, still not sure though.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 03-09-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Fluidyne Radiator
                        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

If you put the V-8 Radiator...it will increase your 0-60 time by 1.5 seconds....I know a teenager told me and he must be right.

Comment

Its actually 1 second, lol

Comment

Increase my 0-60 times? I don't want slower 0-60 times. Can I counteract this with a turbonator?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X