Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L V6 Camaro Oil Dipstick

Hey guys,

I've got a 1995 Camaro, 3.4 L that's currently going through the last steps of a rebuild. As the original oil dipstick tube was broken (by me) while attempting to remove it...I've been searching non-stop to find a replacement.

After striking out at all the typical Auto Parts retailers (Jegs, Summit Racing, Auto Zone, Advance Discount Auto) I decided to call a few GM dealerships...only to find this particular part was discontinued a few years ago. I even struck out at ALL of my local salvage and U-Pull it places (no 3.4 Camaros or Firebirds)

Original Part # 10151690

While I see some of these available for 3.8 and TONS available for 5.7 - I'm dead in the water.

At this point in the post, you can probably tell that I'm not car savvy so I'll go ahead and ask the question:

Will a dipstick tube from a different GM 3.4 car be a fit?

I've found a few prospects on ebay.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-CHEVY-3-1...d3aabf&vxp=mtr

^ The year is what worries me here. Says it's for 1981 - 1991

OR

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-2004-CH...512780&vxp=mtr

Any help or points in the right direction are much appreciate!!!

Thanks guys, - Joe

Re: 3.4L V6 Camaro Oil Dipstick

If you can find the gm part# try putting it into different gm online part sites like gmpartsdirect.com

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply techsan23!

Unfortunately, I've already looked at most sites like GM Parts Direct. I did take an additional look both in 1995 Camaro's and Firebirds

On the Camaro page, it displays a breakdown of the 3.4 L and labels the part I need on the page as part # 13

After scrolling down to Item # 13, the price is listed as "N/A"

On the Firebird diagram, it's listed as part #14 and after looking for it in the available items list...it jumps from 13 to 15 and doesn't appear at all. I swear this part is ridiculously hard to track down.

I did however submit a Parts Request through GM Parts Direct's webform and provided my vehicle's VIN # though I'm not hopeful it will produce any results.

Comment

There's 3 or 4 3.4 fbodies at my junkyard. If its not a pain to remove I wouldn't mind trying to get it out for a lil cash. What's involved in removal?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
          There's 3 or 4 3.4 fbodies at my junkyard. If its not a pain to remove I wouldn't mind trying to get it out for a lil cash. What's involved in removal?
          I don't have a 3.4, but its probably only one 10mm bolt on the side of the block then grab the tube and pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
            I would definitely be willing to do that :tup:

I'll do whatever it takes to supply my mechanic with parts and keep this build going!

Comment

I'll hit up the junkyard tomorrow and let you know how I make out

Comment

Thank you so much again! I ordered the 3.1/3.4 Dipstick tube last night in the meantime but there is a chance my mechanic will look at it and tell me it won't work.

Regardless, I'll definitely purchase the dipstick tube if you're able to pull one.

Thanks again! - Joey

BTW: The one I ordered was that 1st Ebay listing in my original post. The guy I ordered from parts out old motors and has no idea which car it actually came out of....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X