Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Code -0441. (update)

Says "Evaporator Emmision Control System Purge Valve Fault"
    Anyone ever have this code before. I replaced the purge valve about three years ago, but do you think I need a new one already? Any other ideas??

-Marc

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
    sigpic

http://www.thenebula.com:9001/servle...%2FGeo&appMode l=Camaro&cellId=25003&mspsdsubkey=179&vehsyskey=14 5
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
      http://www.thenebula.com:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=33295&Language=en-US&lang=en&country=US&dbCd=en&evc=sm&version=html& pubid=14&appYear=1996&appMake=Chevrolet%2FG eo&appMode l=Camaro&cellId=25003&mspsdsubkey=179&vehsyskey=14 5<hr></blockquote>

Can't get anything outta that. Can you post it again in a different format?

Thanx,
      Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, well I found the problem here. To start with, the code was 0441, not 1441 saying "improper emmision system purge flow fault". There was a light hissing sound from under the hood somewhere, and I could not find it, until...
        I bought another purge valve from autozone, and when I went to install it, I found that the plastic hose coming from the intake (where the seafoam pours into on 3.8's) had a nasty crack in it where it came in close contact with the alternator. The leak was making the evap emmisions system go squirrley, and throw the 0441 code.

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X