update on 1.9s and ls6 vales springs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update on 1.9s and ls6 vales springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on 1.9s and ls6 vales springs

well all is good now that i installed my ls1 retainers here are some pic on the diffrence of the two http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...l/DSC00769.jpg
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...l/DSC00768.jpg
    car run better though my car does have 104k mile on her so im going to have to change the timeing chain and damper and everthing else with it that has to do with the timeing chain anyways do to the high miles just to start out fresh
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Good work. You will be glad you made the swap. I am doing it this weekend... FINALLY!
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

nice post Kal-El. Great pics.
      I think i know somebody (scott) at a certain aftermarket autoparts company...i am intensly trying to remember the companies name...but no matter how intensly i concrate i can't remember their name. maybe i shouldn't be so intense when i concetrate and the name will just come to me...
      anyway...where was I? Oh, yea...i think somebody needs to get a few pics in his email. I will use dial gauge for the height/width as well as show the insalled height difference of the two different retainers before I swapp them all out.

nice picks dude.
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

They should be rectally inserted so that he can FEEL the difference!
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I am going to borrow that picture if you don't mind.
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

no i do not mind go rite ahead
            2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Nice, I'm glad you decided to swap them out. Thanks for the pics. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                They should be rectally inserted so that he can FEEL the difference!
                [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Can I borrow a retainer please.

:eek:
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods

Comment

you SC people are.... well..... weird [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

OH GAWD!!!!!
                    (shsshhhh....my moderator is here....!!!!)

What? huh? Nothin...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

actually, what would be a good way to show the install height difference between the two retainers? I have a dial gage but i don't see how i can measure the springs while they are on the car. I will try a simple tape measure...or maybe make lines on a popsicle stick. I am not concerned about precise measurement becuase we know formaly that one will be 1.8 (ls1 retainer) and one will be 1.72 (ls6 spring with ls1 retainer). yea, i think a popsicle stick up along side both types of retainers on the ls6 springs while on the car should be able to show the different install heights.

Then we can mail him a stick and a retainer. lets see him write an ambiguous reply about 'the diameter' of the retainers while he extracates those two uncomfortable items from his, ah....area.
                    01 Firebird A4 3.42
                    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                    and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                      I am not concerned about precise measurement becuase we know formaly that one will be 1.8 (ls1 retainer) and one will be 1.72 (ls6 spring with ls1 retainer).
                      Just a slight correction, that's 1.72 with L36 retainers. But I'm sure that's what you meant.

I've yet to change out my retainers. Need to do that along with the timing chain.
                      Matt
                      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Doh! thanks 98'
                        01 Firebird A4 3.42
                        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                        and other mods

Comment

Ok, just finished swapping in LS1 retainers and removing the L36 retainers. Just as in the pic that Kal posted you can see the difference between the two retainers on the same spring. The first spring a swaped retainers on was quite noticeable compared to the spring right next to it that still had the L36 retainer.

I used the back in of a dial micrometer to measure the ride hight. I also used a poor mans 'dipstick' type measurment of a stick with lines showing the top of the spring from the seat for both the L36 retainer and the LS1 retainer.

Pretty funny that the L36 retainers gives an installed height of, oh...1.72 and wouldn't you know an LS1 retainer gives an install height of...you guessed it...1.8.

my hands and back are killing me. gotta wrest. i earned it. I will post the pics with the micrometer and stuff on my site. I will also send an email to you know who with a link to the site.
                          01 Firebird A4 3.42
                          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                          and other mods

Comment

yes u did earned it good job!!

Comment

so how you liking the extra pull power Kal=El?

little faster, huh?
                              the rockers should be working pretty good with your Air induction, catback and 3.73 gears.

if you have not yet then i suggest you try the HPP3 premium fuel powertune now that you have the rockers on good. I know it is pretty much taken for granted that the power tune does not do much but i am sure it was making a difference for me with those rockers and the exhaust. (before i added the SC.) I made several tests and I always preferred to have the powertune on.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                              01 Firebird A4 3.42
                              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                              and other mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X