Fuel Pump Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Relay

Is there any way of checking the relay on a 1993 z28 camaro. When i got the car i thought the pump was bad so today i changed the pump and it still doesnt work. Then i hooked the old pump straight to the battery and it works. So know i am hoping it is the realy or something small if you have any ideas let me know.I would appericate any help at all.

Also on the pump wires. What one is what? There is a grey, purple, and then a black. which one goes to the pump and then which one is for the gas gauge.

[ October 07, 2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: wicked ]

Comment

Haynes manual has the answer to the questions. ;)

Purple: Fuel Level
      Gray: Fuel Pump Prime
      Black: Ground

Should also be a Dark Green/White and a Pink wire going to the relay. DK GRN/WHT is the pump relay control from the PCM. Pink is the power source for the pump (fuse 5: PCM IGN).

See here for a picture of the relay: http://shbox.com/1/fuel_pump_relay.jpg

Either replace the relay, or use a test lamp to see if power's flowing through.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanks alot. I bought a Haynes manual this morning. And then i pulled my pump and noticed one of the wires had pulled out of the plug inside of the tank. so i plugged it back up and now it runs fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X