Tornado Air Management System, gimmick? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tornado Air Management System, gimmick?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Air Management System, gimmick?

Spring is here and I was wondering if anyone has used the Tornado Air Management System in any of their F-Bodies? I haven't learned yet how to paste a link onto my topic here but the website is named TornadoAir.com. The site looks interesting with technical data that it works but I'm not convinced. I did a subject search under General Tech and Forced Induction without any results so this may be a new topic to learn the pro's and con's. Any takers? Thanks! I have a CAI kit, exhaust header, cat & muffler system on paper now for summertime installation soon.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Yeah it works.... If you goal is to rob yourself of horsepower. It's BS, don't waste your money.
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

We have dyno tested a few cars here at Thunder, and they have lost a significant amount of rwhp with the tornado
      <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

I bought one around christmas time for my 91 V6 bird.I returned it.Mainly because the size that is specified for the 3.1 V6 does not fit in to the accordian hose.80 MM is too big and 75MM is too small..They dont make an in between size.

Comment

Absolute gimmick. Don't waste your money.
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Wow, losing hp. you could damn near sue them for false advertisement!! ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X