Shes Completed 20 Pix - Tangelo Pearl Camaro- - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shes Completed 20 Pix - Tangelo Pearl Camaro-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shes Completed 20 Pix - Tangelo Pearl Camaro-

UPDATE : DAYTIME PICTURES AT THE LINK BELOW THIS LINE
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...=tangelo+pearl

OK so heres the deal..... I bought the paint off ebay ( with a $500 dollar paint gun ) for $800 shipped ( 93 pounds total ) a couple years ago, planning on painting my 94 camaro. Well i cam across this camaro from my brother, 1998 mystic teal v6 with the what i beleive is called the y87 package.Sportier suspension, different steering, different rear end, and stock dual exhaust. Anyways back to the paint job. I took it to this place called Charlie Cooper Restoriations. I dealt directly with the owner. I have to say this paint job looks better than even stock paint jobs, its absolutely exceptional. he too nearly the WHOLE car apart. All interior paneling was removed, the entire front end removed. All parts with the exception of the ear bumper were removed and painted off of the car, even the HATCH! For the car, the front is the Xenon kit, sides and rear are all wings west. The hood was made from boafx for me. The badges are retro, ordered off eBay. REAL SLP SS spoiler, no aftermarket bs. font billet grill from eBay seller " grille4ever " . Rear fill in decal custom made to match my paint made from eBay seller " auto-trim-design ". Its actually domed and not just some thin sticker. Although I have ordered other things from them and it was all TRASH, but thier real fill ins are great.

Main cars paint is House of Kolor Tangelo Pearl
    Top of car, rear valance panel is House of Kolor Black pearl.

Paint job flat fee for labor $2,000
    other costs which ended up costing more: I didnt know that I needed a base coat of white. With the tangelo pearl, you have to paint the car white, and then paint the tangelo on top of it, this is the only way to truely get the pearl look from it. So he had to end up buying a few quarts of white by house of kolor. He ran out of tangelo pearl and ended up having to get one more quart. And then also labor and "parts" for shaving the antenna. He didnt use bondo he actually filled it in with medal, welding it, so I dont have to worry about bondo falling apart later. He had the car for 2 weeks and 4 days, which isnt normal but he was running pretty busy.
    total cost was $2425 for the paint job.

If anyone in the Texas area is looking for an exceptional quality paint job, feel free to contact me so I can get you in touch with the owner directly. The more people I bring him the better deals he will start giving everyone. Email me at hommermack@aol.com

now to the pictures everyones waiting for
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

first mod to come is to paint the vents in the nose black......
    ---------

---------

---------
    Last edited by Big Tymer; 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Re: Shes Completed 20 Pix - Tangelo Pearl Camaro-

Showing the curves of the hood
    ---------

the camera really caught the pearl in this one, notice how she changes from orange to yellow.
    ---------

the rear of the hood has vents in it, which I would like to paint a differnt color, like black, a later "mod" to take up some time for me.. :-)
    ---------

a few side shots of my girl and her goods, thats the retro badge from I believe the 2nd gen camaro

Comment

another shot of the badge
      ---------

side shot of the door to the rear.....
      ---------

good ole perfect SS spoiler
      ---------

image quality didnt come out too well but you can see the pearl in the black

Comment

like i said earlier, first mod to come is to paint the vents in the nose black...... man that looks soooo mean
        ---------

entire rear
        ---------

rear, sorry for the light, il get some other pictures later.....
        ---------

another picture of the rear, and uhhh my broken ankle with a walking boot on...... long story , dont ask :-)

Comment

look at that a$$ daaaammnnn she look sexy
          ---------

another nice shot of the pearl
          ---------

all inside the doors.....
          ---------

Comment

sorry about my leg in the way, the door was shutting on me while i was taking it heh
            ---------

inside / under the hatch.
            ---------

bottom of hatch
            ---------

random interior shot..........

all questions and comments are welcome......

Comment

and a couple more taken this morning on a phone, so the quality is HORRIBLE....

---------

Comment

Flipp'n Sweet!!!!
                96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

wow looks like it was definately worth the wait! looks very nice! i wasnt sure about the wheels when i 1st seen u post them but it all comes together nicely.
                  <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

DAMN NICE CAR!!! you have really had some good work done and your choice on the color was great. Is the hood and front body kit going to fitted better? the hood comes up alittle on the driver front and the body kit on the driver front is sticking out. great job. I might not even as well put the pics of my car when it gets painted cause this one will be the talk on the forum for awhile
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

me likey mmm
                      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                        DAMN NICE CAR!!! you have really had some good work done and your choice on the color was great. Is the hood and front body kit going to fitted better? the hood comes up alittle on the driver front and the body kit on the driver front is sticking out. great job. I might not even as well put the pics of my car when it gets painted cause this one will be the talk on the forum for awhile

yeah im gonna take it back up there in a couple weeks..... he said if i find any thing less than perfect on it, he will fix it, no charge....... the hood alignment, well, im kinda sol on that one cuz its the hood itself...... as for the front xenon, hes gonna have to work with it for me......

Comment

BigTymer,
                          The best Camaro I have ever seen, and i've been to tons of shows etc. You need to get started in entering into as many car shows as possible. I love what you have done to it. Keep up the great work.

Comment

looks good man!!

Comment

very good, want to paint my strips on for me?
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X