New exhaust combo.. The best I have heard! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New exhaust combo.. The best I have heard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust combo.. The best I have heard!

Well, I decided i wanted to change up the exhaust again. This new one makes number 10.. so you could say I have heard everything. Only exhaust i havent had on my car is the loudmouth, cause i know thats too loud and raspy.

I went with a single in/out Summit muffler, and 3" dynomax intermediate pipe. I also have a Carsound 3" Highflow, and stock tubular manifolds. This is the cheapest system i have bought new, $140 shipped from summit, parts only cost like $119 tho, they add a "non-boxed"fee for the pipes.

Pics:

Vids/Clips:

At idle and rev to 3500:
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...00_0541MOV.flv

In-Car, from high idle... through 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd. Car shifts at 6300!
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...00_0535MOV.flv

the exhaust is quiet at idle, but gets somewhat loud under throttle, never a rasp, buzz, or high pitched hum.. stays pretty throaty through the entire range. I wont ever go back to a name brand system again.
    Last edited by Pewter2K1; 06-19-2006, 11:11 PM.

Re: New exhaust combo.. The best I have heard!

amen, pieced together systems always end up pleasing me the most
    91 Mustang LX 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-daily driver, 210hp/300ft-lbs (outdated)<br />94 Ranger Splash 2.3 Turbo - T5<br />-serious build up, shooting for 400+hp<br />95 Camaro 3.4 auto -hers<br />-she\'s workin on it

Comment

dude that sounds pretty good!

cheap too.

a longer idle would be nice. might be interested in this because of the price.

give us more clips please.

EDIT: what systems have you tried and if you could range them in order (good to bad)

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I will list them in order of which i have had.
        Stock
        Y87- hookup from the dealership
        Z28- hookup from a friend
        Flowmaster- sucked balls, on the car 2 weeks
        Dynomax- 2.5" system, good sound, but wanted 3"
        Xcelerator- Local shop brand, sounded good, but went slower
        Vortex- see flowmaster
        SLP 2 on the left- expensive if bought new, great sound and performance
        SLP Dual/Dual(i think its called powerflow now) traded the 2OTL for this, wanted dual tips
        Magnaflow(muffler only, not the v6 kit) bought the muffler from a friend, Sounded awesome, was completely differnt than the kit, had no rasp, but was a bit high pitched.

the best sounding I have had before this one is really a toss up, I would say SLP 2OTL, then Magnaflow, then SLP Dual/Dual.

The worst was the flowmaster and Vortex, they both were on the car less than 2 weeks

I was looking for a stock look, quiet muffler that was able to still flow good enough for the cam and nitrous. This is it! I wont change again. It has a low tone, no rasp, and keeps the low throaty tone from idle to redline.

I will try and get some outside of the car clips under throttle as soon as i can get someone to hold the camera for me.

Comment

thanks man, i really like this system. now im not sure what i want. too bad it only has one outlet, i would love dual or quad tips.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Almost sounds like my 3" cat-back edlebrock. But i paid $300:(

Comment

you mean to tell me that it sounds better than the flowmaster and for that price you can't beat that hey provide me with the exact links of the items you bought from summitracing I was gonna get the flowmaster for 325 but this price isn't bad so give me some insight on this

Comment

did you have the flomaster kit or just muffler? The camaro kit comes with the 80 series which is the worst they make, if you're going with the single outlet anyway, I haven't heard anything better than the 40 series from flomaster, that's what I have and everyone always thinks it's a V8. But as averyone's said before, you can't beat the deal on the exhaust you have... sounds awesome...
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

here ya go.. list of part numbers for the exhaust.

Muffler: Summit Turbo muffler SUM-630230 3" offset in/out

Piping: Dynomax Intermediate pipe 3"

WLK-53061 and WLK 54064

just paste the part numbers into their search bar up top, will bring you right to the page.

The flowmaster i had was a 80 series i beleive, it was a 2.5" kit( before they produced a v6 specific kit). the 40 series single sounds alright at idle, but i hate the raspy high pitched buzz it produces anywhere else in the RPM band. Plus, flowmaster is not a power producing muffler, it sounds good, but the gains are not huge..

Comment

hey you make a good argument but listen to this it sounds great at idle I COULDN'T HEAR YOURs BECAUSE my computer wouldn't let me download it but I like the price but I mean when he cranks up the car it sounds good and its only a 2.5 so imagine how a 3.0 would sound it does have some rasp but who cares here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=FZDSfD42T...6%20flowmaster

Comment

i know what flowmaster sounds like.. at idle they are decieving.. I have had one on my car before.. and heard a few others..

The one thing you have to remember about exhausts is that it will never sound like a v8... and that the most important opinion on how it sounds is yours... its YOUR car, and you need to pick one that you can live every day.

The only reason i say this is the best sounding exhaust i have heard, is because i have had almost every one made for the car, or heard in person the few others i had no intention on buying. I am in no way saying this is the greatest exhaust created, because everyone has their opinion... But as far as the key factors that go into buying the exhaust this one gets an "A+" in every category

Sound quality... no buzz, no rasp, not super loud.

Price. 119 for parts, 148 shipped

Construction. full 3" all mandrel bent aluminized pipe

Comment

eric v6, 3.4 or 3.8?
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I have a 98 3.8 but I wanna hear your exhaust clip because I still haven't heard it also what do you think about cutouts. I really don't like the one pipe but it seems like when you go over bumps you want feel it like I do because I have the stock pipes that came with two pipes and I hate it because everytime I hit a bump on the passenger side you can feel the pipe hitting on the passenger side are all dual pipes like this on our v6 cars since they were made for 1 pipe

Comment

Eric, the fact that yours is hitting the car is probably a worn rubber hanger.. any exhaust shop can make the exhaust nice and tight... having 2 pipes or 1 pipe out of the muffler doesnt matter, since its still one pipe into the muffler, jsut split into 2 tailpipes.

as far as cutouts, I had one on my last system.. its nice and loud, but really rattles the hell out of you when driving, and has alot of interior noise, i could barely hear the radio or hold a conversation with somone in the pass. seat. I did see a .1-.2 gain at the track, especially with nitrous.

Comment

the reason I asked you about the cutout is because if I don't get the flowmaster I might getthe one you have and add a cutout to it mostly I am looking for when I crank up my car I want it to rumble like these flowmasters are that I hear still wanna hear yours though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X