Gauging interest: 1995 Firebird for sale - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauging interest: 1995 Firebird for sale

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest: 1995 Firebird for sale

I have unfortunate circumstances that have happened that have made me consider selling this car. Right now I am not 100% sure of selling, because I still have a few more options to go thru before I do. The last thing I want to do is sell this car, I would rather be working, but I have searched for a job for two months with no callbacks, and I am desperate for money at this point.

1995 Pontiac Firebird 3800 Series II, 128,xxx miles, black with gray cloth interior, T-tops. This car had a blown head gasket, but has been repaired and runs good.

I have done the following mods/repairs:
    Pacesetter Headers, ceramic coated
    New battery
    New head gaskets
    ARP head studs
    New belt and rad. hoses
    AC delete w/ bracket
    1 pc. steel driveshaft
    New O2 Sensors
    New weatherstripping on the driver door, and will throw in the passenger side too.

Only problems are the oil level indicator is broken, always says low oil, when there is not. The header gaskets need to be switched out with MLS gaskets, I put the paper bastards in there. There is also an electrical problem that I have only experienced once to where the car died, but started back up fine after a half hour. Again, only experienced once, and my belief is it could be a bad ground or battery cable. It also has a slipping transmission.

Pics of engine...before head gasket replacement.

Same side...just before assembly...

Passenger side bank.....with head studs in.

Car...(I do apologize for the leaves, this is the only pic I have of the whole car, and it is before the rebuild, and has been cleaned since then).

Im asking $2700 OBO, and I do mean OBO, so feel free to post an asking price if you are interested, just within reason. I will repeat this only once, I WILL NOT PART OUT ANYTHING!!!! This car is for sale as is, not parting out, One, because I don't have time, and two, because I dont have the heart.

If interested, post here or email me at mogobs30th@yahoo.com. And again, I am gauging interest, if what I need happens, I probably will not sell, but again, Im not sure at this point, and I am running out of options.

Thanks
    Wes
    Last edited by Mogobs30th; 04-06-2007, 04:30 PM.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Re: Gauging interest: 1995 Firebird for sale

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=72905

few more pics in that thread. wish i had the money, id swoop it up.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Good deal Wes I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Is it bad that I've owned 2 of the 5 cars in the slide show? :D

Car is very solid and if the buyer works out a deal with Wes I have a 4L60E that can be included with the purchase if you can pick it up in Central Ohio.

Comment

Yeah.....something I forgot to add, I am in Chicago, but the car is in Indianapolis. I can arrange to have anyone look at it if they feel like they are interested.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

trade u my concorde ;-)
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
            trade u my concorde ;-)
            Can't buy gas and food with a car. I have a daily driver, a decent one at that, sure as hell don't need another car. Again, as of now, I am simply gauging any interest. I won't know if I need to absolutely sell it for a little over a week. If I can't get a callback on these jobs I have applied for and already gone on one interview for (bout three of them), then I have no choice but to sell the car. I think most everyone on this board knows I do not want to sell it, if I had my way, I would be buried in it, but I need to stop thinking about what I want to do and focus on what I need to do, mainly get thru the next three months of unpaid IBEW training courses. Once I get that done, and I start getting paid by a contractor, I will be able to focus a little more on what I want, and that is only after I get everyone paid up in full what I owe them, and Shane here is the first to recieve any money from what I make after that.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

So the car runs, correct? No coolant leaks or anything? There is nothing wrong with Felpro head gaskets, Im not sure why you make that seem like a bad thing. The only major problem is that there is a possible bad ground?

I live just south of Milwaukee, WI and I am very interested for a car for my m90 project.

EDIT - Auto or Manual?
              Last edited by ReD715; 04-05-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReD715
                So the car runs, correct? No coolant leaks or anything? There is nothing wrong with Felpro head gaskets, Im not sure why you make that seem like a bad thing. The only major problem is that there is a possible bad ground?

I live just south of Milwaukee, WI and I am very interested for a car for my m90 project.

EDIT - Auto or Manual?
                Head gaskets are fine, HEADER gaskets are not. Drivers side header has no exhaust leak, but the passenger side does. I didn't put any threadlocker on the header bolts because I knew the header gaskets would go bad, so I left them as is, and sure enough, the paper header gaskets shrank down. The metal ones are on there as well, but they are inbetween the header itself and the paper gaskets.

As far as leaks, I haven't seen anything leak yet. As for the possible bad ground, I had it on a trip ONE time, and had a problem, it slowly lost power till it died, then I let it sit for 30 minutes, and it fired right up like there was nothing wrong, telling me that it is something rudimentary in the electrical. And it has only happened one time, I have driven it for about 2000 miles since I did the rebuild, had it idle for nearly three times the amount of me driving it.

The car is an auto with no power options. Crank windows, manual locks.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

howd u get the cylinders so clean

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                    howd u get the cylinders so clean
                    That first pic is somewhat decieving, because the rust wasn't as bad as it looked. Basically, I used 2000 grit sandpaper and PB Blaster, and essentially "wet sanded" them back. But even with 2000 grit, which is basically used to wet sand paint and clearcoat once it has been applied to a painted car, it was not easy. As for the carbon buildup that was on the pistons themselves, that was even more difficult, because all it did was use a scratch pick, and just picked away the carbon little by little. But I cleaned the pistons well enough that you could see the serial numbers that were stamped on at factory once I was done.

The rust isn't a problem within itself, but when you mix oil with the coolant, the rust inside had a tendency to stick and become difficult to get off. Between the pistons, the CC's, and brushing off all the rust inside the lifter valley and balancer shaft, that was a 20 hr job.

Im just glad the other block I have has been sitting for 3 years, and it doesn't have one ounce of rust on it.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Well, guys, everything I was hoping for fell thru. Got three callbacks today from Lowes, Home Depot, and Autozone, none of which will hire me. I find it to be unbelievable, but because of the fact, now its officially for sale.

$2700 OBO is the price.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I've got a friend who is looking for an F-Body dude. He registered on these boards a while back, but only made like 1-2 posts. I told him about your car when I saw the post, and he sounded kinda interested. The kid has been looking off and on for a while, but he can't buy till the end of this month. I'll let him know about it again though. Hopefully you two could work something out.
                        ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

ReD715 and silvachris1, the car is officially for sale, starting at $2700 OBO, and I do mean OBO, so if either of you two are interested, throw me an offer, and I may consider it.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

silvachris, I might be able to work something out with a deposit, if he is truly interested.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

After I reread the description, I saw you said slipping trans. How bad is it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X