x pipe true duals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x pipe true duals

im planning on putting together some true duals i just had my headers put on and this is my next step.
    my ? is does anyone know how much clearence from the ground i wil have. will it be about the same clearence as a v8

Re: x pipe true duals

prob about a pepsi can worth
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by billy_thekid15
      im planning on putting together some true duals i just had my headers put on and this is my next step.
      my ? is does anyone know how much clearence from the ground i wil have. will it be about the same clearence as a v8
      Its a v6 I assume.

It probably wont be worth the trouble. There wont be any sound difference. Go with a ORY and a nice catback. I know you will like it batter than true duals.

Comment

Originally posted by F-Body_SS-Man
        Its a v6 I assume.

It probably wont be worth the trouble. There wont be any sound difference. Go with a ORY and a nice catback. I know you will like it batter than true duals.
        ............NOT.

It WILL sound better.
        If designed correctly, it WILL produce better power. The manner in which true dual exhaust systems scavenge improves mid range engine performance.

Look on LS1tech.comf, they have a thread with lots of pics of people's true dual setups. That will give you an idea of what kind of job you're looking at. And it is a huge task. I know of only 3 people who have done it with V6es.

Do a search and you should come up with a thread in this forum made by a member not long ago about his true duals build. I wouldn't recommend you build it the way he did, but it's a good example.

BTW, I have some piping that could be used for a true dual setup if you decide to go through. I don't need it because I'm in the process of buying true duals instead of building mine.
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

98 3.8 hit on alot of good topics there.

ground clearance will more than likely suffer compared to a cat back, but depends on design and install.

id go 2" or 2.25" at most. its going to be loud no matter what you do.

also, id go with an H pipe, they tend to sound better and us v6's need all the help we can get in the sound department.

definatly run cats, or it'll be raspy as hell, and probally drone horribly.

search alittle and your'll find gotmilk's thread, along with sound clips.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

^^I'm not so convinced that cats decrease rasp...but they will help in toning down the sound.
            1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

basically i dont see why you wouldnt be able to buy the texas speed true duals and just mate it up to your headers. but search on ls1tech there is a thread w/ tons of pics
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

The TSP TDs are designed for longtube headers. They would definitely work for our cars, but we'd have to get them extended further forward and upwards to mate to shorty headers, which are all we have available to us at this point. It wouldn't require a whole lot of work, but they TSP setup is expensive enough and needs enough modification that people have just gone with their own custom setups instead.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                  The TSP TDs are designed for longtube headers. They would definitely work for our cars, but we'd have to get them extended further forward and upwards to mate to shorty headers, which are all we have available to us at this point. It wouldn't require a whole lot of work, but they TSP setup is expensive enough and needs enough modification that people have just gone with their own custom setups instead.
                  yea i know that. just saying that look at those ppl with the tsp setup, it will give you a good idea on ground clearance
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
                    basically i dont see why you wouldnt be able to buy the texas speed true duals and just mate it up to your headers. but search on ls1tech there is a thread w/ tons of pics
                    i belive tsp's TD's are 3" which, would be almost like running open headers, no low end at all.

from my personal experiance, cats seem to tame down the rasp a little. it may just be that they tame down the over-all volume that the rasp isnt heard as much possibly, im not sure. but regardless, TD's are going to be loud anough ( most times ) and having your car smell like gas isnt fun either.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                      i belive tsp's TD's are 3" which, would be almost like running open headers, no low end at all.

from my personal experiance, cats seem to tame down the rasp a little. it may just be that they tame down the over-all volume that the rasp isnt heard as much possibly, im not sure. but regardless, TD's are going to be loud anough ( most times ) and having your car smell like gas isnt fun either.
                      Loser right anything free flowing including V8s will rasp but having cats there will make it not so free flow (adding backpressure for some lowend) which will move the rasp up in the rpms a bit. The cats I have on my H-pipe set up really dont help me becasue they are 4inch long and high flow but they made it so I didnt set off a SES light. Search for my Thread that should give you all the help u need.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X