Cold Air Kits for different models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Kits for different models?

Has anyone ever tried to hook the CAI kits that sell on ebay to a different model then they r meant for.... Ive gotta 98 n its got the angled intake... well so does the 95-97 3.8 and there are alot more cold air kits avaliable for these because they r the basic run a tube over by the wheel well n throw a filter on it... but has anybody tried one of these kits on a 98-99? From the picture it looks like it should work if but mite take some massaging because of the extra **** up by the wheel well...for reference.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-97...QQcmdZViewItem

??

Re: Cold Air Kits for different models?

search please
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

There is alot of cheaper ones on eBay... I just purchased mine for 30 dollars with shipping already!!!!!

Comment

I did a lot of searchin and didnt find nethin on my exact question... there are alot of posts about people making their own, or learning what CAI is, or getting options/opinions from others for the yr they own.... but those rnt answering what im asking...

im asking if anyone with a 98( since 98s have a mixed intake setup) has bought and installed a cai kit for the 95-97 3.8s, like the one above on ebay, in their own 98?

thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
          There is alot of cheaper ones on eBay... I just purchased mine for 30 dollars with shipping already!!!!!

what year is ur car? do u have the ebay member or auction id # still?

Comment

i'm not entirely farmiliar with the 98 setup. Is it the angled tb that goes into the silencer than then goes into the lid instead of the airbox the 93-97 goes to?
            Any CAI setup for the angled tb should work for your car, but it will then make the airbox useless and look out of place. don't know i'd have to look at it.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Here is the 98 with silencer replaced and whisper lid installed... you can see how it angles down differently from the 99+
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

a 93-97 CAI should work fine on a 98 since it's the angled throttle body. What you'll do is use that and get rid of your airlid.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                  a 93-97 CAI should work fine on a 98 since it's the angled throttle body. What you'll do is use that and get rid of your airlid.
                  I think would be pointless... I mean you'd be better off to just keep the lid.

Comment

search the bone yards for a 99-02 intake manifold, with the strait throttle body........ it will still work on your 98 and it will be strait.

try clevelandpickapart.com

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er
                      search the bone yards for a 99-02 intake manifold, with the strait throttle body........ it will still work on your 98 and it will be strait.

You will have to change the throttle cable and such... just get a whisper lid for the 98 model and slp cold air.

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er

you'd have to get the upper and lower intakes, and switch your throttle control to electronic...so it isn't a modular switch

Comment

ok thanks guys... i thinkin bout screwin the ebay cai idea and making my own... keeping the stock lid and smoothing it out, cut the oval exit off replace it with a piece of larger round pvc or like material, deleting the silencer and make it a smooth trip for the air to the TB... let ya know how it goes if anyone is interested.

Comment

I just bought that CAI blue one for my 97 camaro 30th v6 it has the angled as well Will let ya know if it fits

Comment

the lids on the 98's come with dryer hose and looks like ****.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X