NEW exaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW exaust

my exaust finnaly came today, it sounds pretty nice, its a magnaflow, but it sounds a little ricey. is there anyway to make it sound more muscley. im planning on doing headers soon, somthing may be loose also im not sure. would a high flow cat help?

ps, my exasut came with an S pipe but there was no hole for the o2 sensor, so i left the stock one on
    ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Re: NEW exaust

both headers and a hi-flo cat will help deepen the sound
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

wut about the s pipe

Comment

im using my stock S pipe with my new exasut...is that ok?

Comment

just have an o2 bung welded in
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold
          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

add a cutout (35$ shipped from summitracing.com) right after the cat. You can choose ultra loud and deep tone vs regular magnaflow tone with the switch of a metal plate and 3 wing nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bronx Bull 9
              add a cutout (35$ shipped from summitracing.com) right after the cat. You can choose ultra loud and deep tone vs regular magnaflow tone with the switch of a metal plate and 3 wing nuts.
              The OP was complaining about rasp, so adding a cutout is only going to increase the OP's woes exponentially.

The only way to truly deepen the exhaust tone after you do the catback, is to do internal work (heads/cam)

Comment

give the system a lil time to break in and it should deepen a lil

Comment

will a cutout help, it ju7st sounds like a jap car, not really american

Comment

headers my friend

Comment

heres a vid
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCcHnj9j9X0

Comment

Originally posted by mattyacks

yeah that does kinda sound ricey... shoulda gone Flowmaster =)

i had a CATCO high flow cat installed at the same time as my cat back its only 55$ or so. Helps with flow, probably deepens it a tad.

Comment

that suks, flow master is so much cheaper and prob sounds better

Comment

You have got to understand, that car sounded good until you hit about 3.5k-4k rpms and then it starts getting "ricey". Any exhaust, Magnaflow or Flowmaster will sound like that after a certain amount of rpms. From what i saw in that video it sounded good until about then. If you are going through a tunnel or under a bridge and you downshift or with an auto it will do it automatically down to the lower gear you will hear what your car sounds like. I have the American Thunder exhaust and I can say that mine does sound "ricey" at high rpms, but it shouldn't be about the sound, but the performance gain. If you really want a deeper sound get some headers.

Comment

Here's 2 videos of cutouts:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tk1L-oBmvl4

This is my car:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WJ2O6IV3hCw

Cutout is definitely the way to go, but if your the kind of driver who floors it around every corner, it will rasp a bit. Me, I just like to cruise around, accelerate here and there, and it sounds good ALL The TIME

By the way in that first video the guys got a couple other mods, headers, cat etc. The second one is my car and that's more along the lines of what yours would sound like. I just have the flowmaster american thunder catback (80 series muffler) and the cutout after the cat
                              Last edited by The Bronx Bull 9; 07-17-2007, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X