3x00 swap parts list and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x00 swap parts list and questions

I've been researching these swaps for a while now on various boards and have found a lot of useful information but never a complete parts list for the entire swap. I have a 95' Firebird 3.4L Auto and I'm pretty new to car modding. I have only done about 2 mods so far including a full magnaflow 2.5 catback exhaust w/3in tips and a stage3 CAI (I plan on adding coated pacesetters soon). These mods have been great but I'm still not getting the power I want. I definatly want to stick with the 3.4 and build it up so I figured the best way besides forced inducting right now would be a top end swap. I have compiled a list of my findings for the swap below but I don't think it's complete and would like anyone's input to get a complete list of parts. I don't need prices or anything, I can find that out on my own. I just need a comprehensive list of parts for the swap before I just jump in and start without a clue as to where I'm going.

For a 3400 Swap I found you need:
    upper and lower intake manifold from a 1999+ 3400 engine
    fuel rail from a 3.1L engine(the site I found for this said they pulled it from a 96')
    throttle body from a 2000+ 3400 engine
    3400 pistons
    1.6 rockers
    3400 heads

For a 3500 swap I found you need:
    Everything from the 3400 swap except this setup requires a 3500 lower intake manifold and 3500 heads

Like I said, I'm extremely new and am just looking for a comprehensive list. If anyone could provide a list with information such as gaskets, year range for parts, car models to pull from(I've found Grand Am GT's are good), edits to my own list, etc. it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help add or modify the list,

-Ryan

Re: 3x00 swap parts list and questions

you can also get the parts from olds alero's as well as some other cars with the 3400 in it. Look for the 99-00+ cars as those heads are a bit better.

Gaskets you can get right from autozone or whatever store you have near ya

another place to look is 60degreev6.com for parts in the classifieds

There is a sticky in the advanced tech section that has a ton of great info and also there is another guy that just started another 3400 swap thread with pics and everything. Check them out if you haven't yet as well
    Last edited by 97rs4life; 07-30-2007, 08:56 PM.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

There are actually alot of vehicles with the 3400/3100 which contain the parts needed
      Mind you most of these vehicles are probably 99 and+
      Chevy Venture [van]
      Pontiac Montana[van]
      Olds Alero
      Grand Am
      Chevy malibu
      Olds Cutlass Supreme

the older models:(Not as much performance as the newer models, but still an upgrade from your stock 3.4 Rwd)
      95+98 Lumina with the 3100
      95-98 grand Am Gt 3100

So basically what im getting to is if you go to a junkyard and are looking for parts, They will most likely give you cheaper prices on say a montana/venture or a Malibu than if you ask for the same parts from a grand am Gt or Alero. Gotta outsmart them.

Comment

Originally posted by RKB3D

For a 3400 Swap I found you need:
        upper and lower intake manifold from a 1999+ 3400 engine
        fuel rail from a 3.1L engine(the site I found for this said they pulled it from a 96')
        throttle body from a 2000+ 3400 engine
        3400 pistons
        1.6 rockers
        3400 heads

For a 3500 swap I found you need:
        Everything from the 3400 swap except this setup requires a 3500 lower intake manifold and 3500 heads
        iirc the 3400 and 3500 lower intakes are identical

I pulled the whole motor out of a 04 alero and everything I could off it
        basically i used:
        the fbody 3.4 block
        crank pistons and rods from the 04 3400
        heads,valve covers, rockers arms, intakes, and throttle body from 04 3400
        pushrods from a gen 2 2.8/3.1
        fuel rail and hard lines from a 95 cutlass (wbody, hard line setup differs from years and body styles)
        pacesetter headers
        edelbrock cam

you need all the top end gaskets for the 3400, exhaust gaskets from a gen 2 2.8/3.1

know that you have to pull the motor and (basicly) rebuild it (so you may as well get new bearings rings and oil pump) since you said your new to this make sure you have someone experienced to help you
        Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X